Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation
Default vehicle accident help

I have a question about an accident that ended up in leaving the car totalled. The vehicle was recently purchased and is insured. The financer is Wells Fargo and they have taken the car out of the inpound. They said that they will pay off the car but need the car off of the insurance. Does this sound right? I thought the insurance would have to pay for it.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: vehicle accident help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
I have a question about an accident that ended up in leaving the car totalled. The vehicle was recently purchased and is insured. The financer is Wells Fargo and they have taken the car out of the inpound. They said that they will pay off the car but need the car off of the insurance. Does this sound right? I thought the insurance would have to pay for it.
I do not have all the details, but from what your saying, I must assume that you have misunderstood what you were told. If it was Wells Fargo that you spoke with, they will be the lien holder, the holder of the title. The car was paid in full, in the beginning, by Wells Fargo. That's why they have the title and have a lien on it, which is your loan. I expect that they were trying to explain to you that the loan will be paid off, which should be a payment from the insurance carrier. Yes, the car should then be removed from the policy.

I suggest you contact the insurance adjuster handling your claim for a detailed explanation.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

If it was your car, I hope you're alright brother.

What does the insurance rep have to say about the situation?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Zeuceone
You're next

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
I do not have all the details, but from what your saying, I must assume that you have misunderstood what you were told. If it was Wells Fargo that you spoke with, they will be the lien holder, the holder of the title. The car was paid in full, in the beginning, by Wells Fargo. That's why they have the title and have a lien on it, which is your loan. I expect that they were trying to explain to you that the loan will be paid off, which should be a payment from the insurance carrier. Yes, the car should then be removed from the policy.

I suggest you contact the insurance adjuster handling your claim for a detailed explanation.
The way you explanied it is the way is the way I know it is supposed to work. Now the bank is telling my sister that she has to remove the vehicle from the insurance policy in order for them to pay it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
If it was your car, I hope you're alright brother.

What does the insurance rep have to say about the situation?
Everything is good thankfully. Was not my car but unfortunely it was my younger sister, her boyfriend and there baby. They were fine but the person who hit them got a bit beat up.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
Everything is good thankfully. Was not my car but unfortunely it was my younger sister, her boyfriend and there baby. They were fine but the person who hit them got a bit beat up.
As long as they are fine, that's all that matters. Cars are replaceable.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
Zeuceone
You're next

LGC

Definately. I'm also glad they were in his car and not hers, which is a bit smaller.