Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Masculine Family Cars

This is almost a complimentary thread to The Top 10 Manly Autos thread and I found on the same site.

Masculine Family Cars

Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Everything about the Dodge Magnum screams man. From its rugged good looks straight down to its macho name, make no mistake about it -- the Magnum is a man’s car. If ever there was a car that carried the Y chromosome boldly and proudly on its chest, the Dodge Magnum is it.

And the SRT-8 is the king of them all. More ripped and ready to go than any other Magnum model, the SRT-8 comes equipped with 425 bhp and 420 lb-ft of torque. That’s right: You will never be late for soccer practice again. The savage design of the Magnum is a combination of brutish angles and oversized features. With an exaggerated front grill and protruding wheel wells positioned over 20-inch aluminum wheels, the Magnum begs respect at every street corner.

Like a man proudly decked out in his Armani suit with tattoos just visible under his collar, this car is deceptively powerful. It may look and feel family-friendly with ample storage and seating space, but pop the hood and deep within lies the heart of a true American muscle car. With a base MSRP of just over $38,000, this family-oriented mean machine is not only good-looking, it’s affordable.

Why it’s a masculine family car: It has a 6.1 liter HEMI V8 engine and enough trunk space to fit all the camping gear, your dog Scruffy and your mother-in-law -- need I say more?

Subaru Outback 2.5 XT

There aren’t very many manufacturers out there who can claim to have an automobile with the ground clearance of an SUV and the MPG consciousness of a station wagon while being as nimble on its feet as a sedan -- but Subaru can clearly do all three jobs. The new 2007 Outback 2.5 XT, equipped with a 2.5 liter turbo-charged Subaru Boxer Engine that produces 243 bhp, is not only rated as one of the safest cars on the road, it’s also pretty rugged. As outdoorsman-friendly as they come, the AWD Outback is ready to take on any terrain and make sure you and your family get through it one piece.

Starting at just about $30,000, the Outback comes standard with many comforts and little extras, such as a traction-control system, SI-Drive (Subaru Intelligent Drive) and Vehicle Dynamics Control that will ensure your most precious possessions get to their destination unharmed. This Subaru really is made for the outback; however, its luxurious, roomy interior and stylish exterior design will have you thinking twice about those off-road excursions -- you wouldn’t want to scratch the paint.

Why it’s a masculine family car: A fuel-efficient SUV that drives like a sedan is more than good for any man.
Volvo V70 R

There are certain breeds of cars on the road that exude an air of professionalism -- cars that are driven by CEOs, presidents and wealthy businessmen: Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, and Volvo. However, not all of those cars have the ability to seamlessly cross into the realms of groceries, camping trips and picnics in the park -- except for Volvo.

That’s right; revered and adored by rich aristocrats everywhere, Volvos are grounded and durable enough to haul the average American family on daily errands. And boy can they haul: Outfitted with a five-cylinder turbo-charged engine, the V70 R will pound out a massive 300 bhp. Volvo’s Dynamic Stability and Traction Control system is sure to make that powerful ride as smooth and safe as possible for all involved.

Not to mention the large amount of storage space in the back and the lavish interior that’ll have you making excuses to take your kids on road trips as often as possible. Priced a little higher than the average station wagon at just over $40,000 base MSRP, the Volvo is not for the budget buyer, but it is worth every penny in the end. And while the V70 may not be the most attractive station wagon on the market, its understated styling may just be what makes it so attractive -- the allure of the unknown.

Why it’s a masculine family car: Don’t let its corporate looks fool you: Buckle up because this wagon has spirit.
BMW 530xi Sports Wagon

Being both fashion-forward and safe seems like a bit of an oxymoron. Enter the conundrum: the BMW 530xi Sports Wagon. This BMW not only has a performance-driven feel, it’s also an efficient automobile that’s ideal for family life with a 3.0 liter, six-cylinder 255bhp engine and xDrive all-wheel drive technology.

This wagon, with a base MSRP of $52,100, is equipped with more automated features than the average carwash. It literally does the thinking for you and eases the stresses of daily driving while allowing you to truly enjoy the experience behind the wheel -- from stability control to start-off assistance, this BMW does it all.

Not to mention the pretty package: Since its recent face-lift, BMW has received mixed reviews for its exterior designs. But there’s no denying it: The BMW 5-series mug shot is centerfold material. With sleek lines, a low stance and a back end that’ll make you weak in the knees, this 530xi is the ideal blend of thrill seeker and saint in a perfect little package.

Why it’s a masculine family car: Just when you thought safe couldn’t be fun, here’s a wagon that’s drop-dead gorgeous and one of the securest rides out there

Mazda5 Grand Touring

Every now and then, engineers come up with some pretty brilliant ideas. At the top of that brilliant list should be the Mazda5. With enough interior space to seat six, dual sliding doors (just like a full-sized van), and enough cargo space to carry anything and everything, it’s almost impossible to believe that the Mazda5 is no bigger than the average sedan. Somehow, those crafty engineers at Mazda managed to squeeze a utility vehicle into a sedan-sized hatchback that can be known as none other than a station-van.

Not only did Mazda make this vehicle functional, it also gave it some serious curb appeal. Stocky and well-built, the Mazda5 looks crouched and ready to spring. And with its 2.3 liter, four-cylinder, 153 bhp engine, it’ll do just that. As the cheapest ride out of this lot with a base MSRP of $21,895, it’s definitely not at the bottom of the pack.

Affordable and compact, yet roomy enough to fit everyone and maybe even the neighbor's kids, the Mazda5 is a true family-man car.

Why it’s a masculine family car: It’s a van, an SUV and a station wagon... no! It’s… a station-van!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
kayak_rat
Cyclonic Bastard

First Name: Zack
Trinidad
kayak_rat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Masculine Family Cars

All about the Outback and the Volvo.
kayak_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

I figured I'd find Zach in the thread claiming outbacks are manly.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

The Mazda5? The Mazda5?

I own a Mazda5, and let me tell you -- masucline it ain't.

I derisively refer to it as the Gay Mobile because it is possibly the most emasculating vehicle on the road today.

I tell my kids you have to be super-tough to drive such a wimpy ride. My fourteen year old daughter, however, now refers to me as "negative tough".
Old 01-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Two words: Maserati Quattroporte
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Jaguar X-Type
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post

Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
RBOrrell
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (6)
Montecristo
RBOrrell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
The Mazda5? The Mazda5?

I derisively refer to it as the Gay Mobile because it is possibly the most emasculating vehicle on the road today.

I tell my kids you have to be super-tough to drive such a wimpy ride. My fourteen year old daughter, however, now refers to me as "negative tough".
I have a Mazda 5 too. My kids refer to it as the "Loser Cruiser". Luckily the wife drives it most of the time.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
MTB996
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
Partagas
MTB996 is on a distinguished road

Me and one of my boys out cruizin Saturday.

Plenty of room for groceries too.
MTB996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

I'm real happy with my MazdaSpeed3. Plenty of room for the car seat, stroller, diaper bag, etc. but will hit 60 mph in less than 6 seconds. When the baby's NOT in the car of course
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

My Baby
S60-R
Old 01-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
doctorcue
BABOTL - VP of Drinking

First Name: Danny
Trading: (2)
VR
doctorcue is on a distinguished road

Nomad FTW! (not mine; from web... wish it was mine though)

Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
MTB996
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
Partagas
MTB996 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcue View Post
Nomad FTW! (not mine; from web... wish it was mine though)

Dude, that is Bada$$!
MTB996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Ace$nyper

Members picks > articles.

The Magnum is the worst ride I've ever been in, I'd never touch one again, I know I posted my near death in a near new one so I'll spare that story again.

Wagons and X overs are cool, just not manly. They are function over fun. I don't mean to knock them, but a Mustang is manly, A station wagon with same power is cool, but still.. anything useful isn't "cool". Useless is manly and cool.

That's a car geeks 3 cents.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #15
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post
This is not a family car. My friend owns one as daily driver and the trunk size is on par with my old Honda S2000. It's one of the most shallow trunk spaces I have ever seen on a four door car. The Series III Qporte had an enormous trunk.

Oh ya, no spare tire or run flats either.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #16
kayak_rat
Cyclonic Bastard

First Name: Zack
Trinidad
kayak_rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKitty View Post

I figured I'd find Zach in the thread claiming outbacks are manly.
It is a piece of art.....

kayak_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #17
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Subaru is the best utilitarian car for the money. Got me to work on time and I did not have to do any shoveling for it either. The newer Forrester is quite attractive.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
The Mazda5? The Mazda5?

anything you own is feminine sweety
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #19
darb85

PONTIAC G8 GT!! Pure Sexy!

This will be my next car, only in white or gray.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #20
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb85 View Post
PONTIAC G8 GT!! Pure Sexy!

This will be my next car, only in white or gray.
very feminine
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote