Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #61
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iPhone 4 Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I talk on the phone and text at the same time on my iPhone. Maybe she just doesn't know you can do that? I can talk, take pics and text them to whoever I'm talking to, even. Or email them, or whatever.
It hadn't even occurred to me that a person couldn't do that with any phone. I guess I forgot.
Me too.
A few months ago, I was sitting in my backyard on a conference call. I sent a few e-mails, sent a few texts, and surfed CA (while having a cigar of course.) All while listening and participating in the call.
I guess you can say I have a slight case of ADD.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #62
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Sorry I should have noted it was just a joke. I can rarely resist Apple related pokes.

All in good fun.
All good.

Quote:
iToldyaso.
Scott,
I am blown away by this.
I have no clue what they do with them but God bless them.
Mine just sold for $416, clearly explaining not working, water damage and even clarified, salt water damage.
America is a very good country.

Now trying to sell my working 3G to see if I can pay for the new phone in its entirety.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #63
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Scott,
I am blown away by this.
I have no clue what they do with them but God bless them.
Mine just sold for $416, clearly explaining not working, water damage and even clarified, salt water damage.
America is a very good country.

Now trying to sell my working 3G to see if I can pay for the new phone in its entirety.
It sure does make it a lot less painful, that's for sure.
I can tell you I was just as shocked as you when mine sold so high, and was real apprehensive about getting paid, but it showed up real quick. I checked the guy's feedback and he'd bought a number of damaged phones and had great feedback.
I'm sure they have an angle, I mentioned a couple I've heard about. Regardless, they can't be making a big profit. Maybe a hundred bucks a phone, or a little more. The way I figure is that they're doing a damn fine service to blockheads like me and you.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #64
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
It sure does make it a lot less painful, that's for sure.
I can tell you I was just as shocked as you when mine sold so high, and was real apprehensive about getting paid, but it showed up real quick. I checked the guy's feedback and he'd bought a number of damaged phones and had great feedback.
I'm sure they have an angle, I mentioned a couple I've heard about. Regardless, they can't be making a big profit. Maybe a hundred bucks a phone, or a little more. The way I figure is that they're doing a damn fine service to blockheads like me and you.
Well, I learned my lesson. Working on getting my new one some swimming lessons.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #65
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20017417-37.html
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #66
jdakine
Sawadee

First Name: Jay
Trading: (34)
Partagas
jdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura aboutjdakine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Take it for a swim in the ocean and then let me know how happy you are then.

Took me two days to stop thinking about it. Man I was pissed at myself. On the third day, wife convinced me to go get another one. In the meantime, I spent three days in the keys, without my phone, without my email, without my fantasy football scores. Man I was lost!!!
Being in the keys without a phone or email access for a few days would be a thing of Beauty.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #67
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdakine View Post
Being in the keys without a phone or email access for a few days would be a thing of Beauty.
In my case, I was forced to have sex as it was my anniversary and not much else to do with no phone.
What a tough time.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #68
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Well i have almost decided to sell my iphone 3gs 16gb on craigslist to upgrade to the iphone 4. As long as i can get at least $200.00 for it I will not have to spend anything out of pocket to get it, which is just fine for me. Should I?

And then the question is I have a lot of apps that cost a little money, so I assume I can do a backup and then transfer them to the new one? Anyone done this and how did it work?
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:05 AM   #69
tenbaseg
Saying no to daily deals!

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (40)
tenbaseg will become famous soon enoughtenbaseg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
And then the question is I have a lot of apps that cost a little money, so I assume I can do a backup and then transfer them to the new one? Anyone done this and how did it work?
Just sync/backup your old phone before you setup your new one. Make sure you have the apps syncing in itunes (which you should by default).

Aside from that, just plug the new one in and everything transfers. You may have a couple apps or game progress that have data that won't transfer. That's a limitation of the app, not apple. The app will come over, just the data inside it might not.
tenbaseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #70
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Just got back from Clearwater Beach and the offshore boat races.

Took the family on a sunset dolphin cruise and the guy next to me was video recording the pod of dolphins playing in our wake on his iPhone 4.

He was a nice guy and was showing me all the new features and convinced me this is a geat phone.

He also was showing me lots of little tricks I didn't know about like pushing your home key, then the sleep key and a screen shot is saved in your camera roll. This is a cool feature I will probably constantly use. Even works on my 3G, just never knew.

He had his in the Otterbox for the 4 and it is a hell of a lot nicer Otterbox than the one on the 3G.

Final verdict is that I will be probably be upgrading soon.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #71
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Well i have almost decided to sell my iphone 3gs 16gb on craigslist to upgrade to the iphone 4. As long as i can get at least $200.00 for it I will not have to spend anything out of pocket to get it, which is just fine for me. Should I?

Just sold my "wet" iPhone 4, fully disclosed as having salt water damage and not working, for $416.09 plus shipping.
I then sold my 3G, not the GS, for $170.00 plus shipping.

Both sold on Ebay. Both buyers already paid via PP. List them with no reserve, starting at .99 cents and watch it get crazy towards the end of the auction. I listed both for 7 days.

America is a great country!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #72
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
In my case, I was forced to have sex as it was my anniversary and not much else to do with no phone.
What a tough time.
is it still sex if it is by yourself, Carlos?

Still a good thread.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM   #73
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just sold my "wet" iPhone 4, fully disclosed as having salt water damage and not working, for $416.09 plus shipping.
I then sold my 3G, not the GS, for $170.00 plus shipping.

Both sold on Ebay. Both buyers already paid via PP. List them with no reserve, starting at .99 cents and watch it get crazy towards the end of the auction. I listed both for 7 days.

America is a great country!!!
Well done, my man.
Now I bet you wouldn't have put out so quick, huh?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #74
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I put my Iphone 3GS 16 GB on craigslist this morning for $325 and got one email with characters i couldn't understand, one email from what I believe to be a scammer wanting me to send it overseas and buying it for his cousin and he aint in the country blah blah blah and another email from a guy who is willing to give me $250.00 and he wants to meet at the apple store and have them check it out. I am gonna sell it to him. Get a new I phone 4 16 GB and have $50.00 left in my pocket aint to shabby, and I am an impatient feller so that aint too bad in my book.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #75
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

you should have tried ebay, from what I've heard less scammers there than on graigslist.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #76
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
you should have tried ebay, from what I've heard less scammers there than on graigslist.
I agree.
You can rely on PP for guaranteed payment and can limit out of country buyers.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #77
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Gonna meet the guy Friday at the apple store and get the new one while i'm there.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #78
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Interesting.
All the hater BS and reception crap and then these results come up in surveys.
5.2% had reception problems.
Amazing how that had been blown up to be so much worse by haters.
No wonder I have never had reception problems. I am in the 94.8%.

IPhone four Some love it, others hate it. Already has had a first big affair. And as this product is perceived by its owners?

Changewave Research Society conducted a survey of satisfaction among customers.Interviewed were several hundred, and all of them are iPhone owners 4th The question was thus perhaps at all – as you are happy with him? 72% of owners responded that the iPhone 4 satisfied, 21% reported relative satisfaction and only six percent of respondents are dissatisfied.

Ostensibly they are a high number, compared to predecessors iPhone 3GS what a loss position. In his case it was 82% of owners of very satisfied and 17% relatively satisfied.Dissatisfied and remained at a mere percentage.

Interesting was also the question of the respondents, whether experienced problems with the antenna. Of those surveyed reported is 5.2%, which on one hand is not huge quantities, but the fact that communication problems or having everyone twentieth, not the best card for Apple.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #79
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Well for better or worse unless something goes badly wrong I should be upgraded to the new Iphone in less than 24 hours.