Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation
Default Re: Which Keurig to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Make sure you register it online. Mine failed and they replaced it no questions asked and sent a 12 pack sampler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullnrose View Post
were on are forth replacement in under 2 years. Depending on your water quality consider a Britta type water filter pitcher used to fill up the keurig seemed to help keep are last one running the longest until yesterday when it simply would not turn on. Also descale it as recommended by keurig and you should be good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
We had one problem Bill and I believe it was beyond the warranty.
They had us send it back and they sent a new one.It brews a pretty good cup,we all use it,though not exclusively.
The B70 has had a ton of issues... I bought mine used and haven't had a problem, but if you look online there are a bunch fixes you can try at home before deciding to send it in. Also, using filtered water is a good idea.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

If anyone is looking to get a B70, Costco sells it online for about the same price as Amazon and it comes with 60 K-cups and the My K-cup reusable filter that lets you put your own coffee in it. I think we'll be picking it up for xmas this year.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #23
jakesmokes

The Keurig rocks. My brother has the one that doesn't have a reservoir. Its kind of a pain to use. You have to load the water first. Then insert the capsule and press the button. If you are making several cups this is a drag.

I would highly recommend getting one of the ones that has a reservoir. I have the elite.. and its very nice.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #24
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Okay, I succumbed to pressure from my other half and ordered the B70. At the moment, Costco on-line is the best deal I could find. When you figure tax and what not, it was still a few bucks cheaper than Amazon and they include the filter basket thingy. I don't think Amazon gives you the thingy, but I can't remember for sure. Brain is pretty much fried right now from surfing and shopping and reviewing these things for the last two days.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #25
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

I have the B60 and love it. My only regret is that I didn't get one that can fill a travel mug. If you drink from travel mugs a lot, get one that can fill it. Assuming they even make something that will fit a travel mug. I think they might, and if they do, get that one.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #26
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

My uncle has the Cuisinart one on that page...it's pretty good. We have a B70 at work and maybe it's just the k-cups they buy, but everything tastes burnt and terrible. I actually enjoyed the keurig coffee when I was visiting my uncle.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #27
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
My uncle has the Cuisinart one on that page...it's pretty good. We have a B70 at work and maybe it's just the k-cups they buy, but everything tastes burnt and terrible. I actually enjoyed the keurig coffee when I was visiting my uncle.

I order from Green Mountain a lot and enjoy their brand of k-cups quite a lot.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #28
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Maybe it's the coffee maker then. We pretty exclusively buy Green Mountain at work. It's probably not the B70, it's an older model I think of the same line. It's died on us multiple times too. I think that's the whole reason I've been hesitant to buy any keurig system. But seeing my uncle's and what a good cup of coffee it makes, it makes me think I should give it a shot.

I waste so much coffee making a pot at home. I usually only drink about 2/3rds of it, but as soon as I make a smaller pot, well I run out of coffee and wish I had more
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #29
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Maybe it's the coffee maker then. We pretty exclusively buy Green Mountain at work. It's probably not the B70, it's an older model I think of the same line. It's died on us multiple times too. I think that's the whole reason I've been hesitant to buy any keurig system. But seeing my uncle's and what a good cup of coffee it makes, it makes me think I should give it a shot.

I waste so much coffee making a pot at home. I usually only drink about 2/3rds of it, but as soon as I make a smaller pot, well I run out of coffee and wish I had more
Well, they have quite a bit of coffee blends too, so that could be a factor. I like their vermont and nantucket blends a lot. The breakfast blend isn't bad either, as well as their fair trade columbian.

We could also just have different tastes!

I was buying a lot of starbucks, mcdonalds and dunkin coffee, so I justified the expense by saving on that stuff. It's 50 cents a day as opposed to 2 - $5.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
I order from Green Mountain a lot and enjoy their brand of k-cups quite a lot.

Heh...howdy all...and ditto...I buy a lot of the Green Mountain and Tully's k-cups and have a B30 mini which we use the hell out of so I got the other half the Special Edition (B60) for Hanukkah...