Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Cuesta Rey centenario no.5 maduro

When I opened my humidor tonight to pick a cigar, I noticed some flower o none of them, and to avoid further contamination I decided to smoke that particular cigar rightaway. It was the Cuesta-Rey Centenario No. 5 Maduro, a 139mm long 53 ring size cigar from the Dominican republic with a sun grown USA Conneticut wrapper and a Dominican binder and filler.

The wrapper is nice and dark, with some veins. The downside is that the wrapper contains some colordifferences. The band is one of the prettiest I’ve seen so far, very arty and colorfull, but I’de rather have a pretty cigar then a pretty band. The predraw was a bit hard, but not so hard that I would call it bad. The cigar smells like manure and dry hay.

After lighting I can taste leather and a bit of hay. Soon a hint of cacao shows up on the background. The leather isn’t any like the Cuban kind of leather, this flavor is much smoother and lighter. Halfway the cacao grows stronger and it keeps growing stronger when I get to the turningpoint. Right before I reach the turningpoint I can taste a strong fresh mint.

It took me about 65 minutes to finish this cigar. The smoke is a bit light, but the ash is pretty, firm and almost white.

Would I buy this cigar again? Perhaps, it’s not on top of the list
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote