Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default A little suction for a couple giants that do it ri

I get tons of smokes from Famous and Cigars International.
I've easily received 100 orders from the 2 combined, actually I'm sure it's quite a bit more than that.
I have yet to ever have a single problem. The only thing I can think of that was ever remotely close to negative is that one box of Estebans I got recently had a cracked foot on the box.
I didn't care at all, of course, because I just throw boxes in a big rubbermaid and give them to whoever will take them.
I'm willing to bet that if I had taken exception, they'd have sent me a new box immediately.

I just made this post because the big guys that do it right seldom get any stroke.
I could not be more pleased with the products and service I've gotten from CI and Famous. I've never been shipped dry cigars, and they're usually pretty close to perfect, ready to smoke.
I've never been shipped a cigar that was less than perfect.
In this day and age, it's hard to come by a big company that gives a sh1t about anything but my money.
It's nice to know there's a couple big outfits that are still concerned that I get what I paid for, and see to it that I get it.
I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, there's BOTL at the wheel of both ships.
/suction
Old 01-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
FrequenC
Look Away! I'm Hideous!!

First Name: Alex
Trading: (9)
PL
FrequenC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A little suction for a couple giants that do i

Well said Scott
Old 01-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
CigarDood
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (9)
CigarDood is on a distinguished road

I like the folks at CI. I ordered a humidor from CI that didn't work well, and they were very good about handling the return and refund.
CigarDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough

Ditto for me on CI. I've even visited both of their stores which are equally impressive.
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I also have bought a lot from CI but not as much from Famous. I have always been very pleased. Props....
Old 01-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Jason
the thing under the thing

Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

I posted a review of their (CI) customer service awhile back on another board after receiving a box of AVO maduros that were bone dry. That's the only problem I've ever had with them and they took care of it, full refund on the box and even told me to smoke one to make sure they were dead.

CI is great, never bought a thing from famous, good to know they're there.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I posted a review of their (CI) customer service awhile back on another board after receiving a box of AVO maduros that were bone dry. That's the only problem I've ever had with them and they took care of it, full refund on the box and even told me to smoke one to make sure they were dead.

CI is great, never bought a thing from famous, good to know they're there.
I always play the two against each other.
Famous tends to have a lot of value-added deals that CI doesn't, like free cigars, free samplers, free lighters, etc.
So I always check both of them before pulling the trigger.
Aside from the extra nummies, their prices are usually within a buck or two of each other. All things being equal, I go with whoever has the freebie going on.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

I agree. There are a few more that I've also been very happy with, but Famous and CI keep sending me these damn emails with great deals that I keep ordering!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I also have bought a lot from CI but not as much from Famous. I have always been very pleased. Props....
Hafta agree with Brent, I haven't bought tons of stuff but have ordered from CI quite a few times with absolutely no problems.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

I've used both also but tend to go to Famous first . There web site isn't as slick as CI's but I just like Famous better . Of the 2 I think CI is probably bigger and does more volume .
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

I also do a lot of business with CI, not Famous yet. I have yet to have an issue with anything. Service, shipping time, and selection is almost always there. Props overdue.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ View Post
I've used both also but tend to go to Famous first . There web site isn't as slick as CI's but I just like Famous better . Of the 2 I think CI is probably bigger and does more volume .
I like Famous a little better myself. More friendly, I suppose. I don't know, can't put a finger on it.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #15
jaycarla
Mossy Hoosier

First Name: Jay
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
jaycarla is on a distinguished road

Agreed 100%. I could not come up with one complaint from either company. Actually if I am going NC I don't even look beyond those two.

I wish the Famous auction site would just clone Cbid though.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:03 AM   #16
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post

I just made this post because the big guys that do it right seldom get any stroke.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, there's BOTL at the wheel of both ships.
/suction
Scott - is it "suction and stroke" or "suction or stroke" that you're giving out?

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
Scott - is it "suction and stroke" or "suction or stroke" that you're giving out?
Both would be kinda redundant, don't you think? We're not all newlyweds, ya know.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

only complaint I have about Cigars International is the name. What were they thinking when they chose the name? "hey, let's call it cigar INTERNATIONAL and ship US only". They should have gone with Cigar America, that would be closer to the truth.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
Jason
the thing under the thing

Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
only complaint I have about Cigars International is the name. What were they thinking when they chose the name? "hey, let's call it cigar INTERNATIONAL and ship US only". They should have gone with Cigar America, that would be closer to the truth.
They bring international offerings to US citizens. Once again all you foreigners have your perspective ass backwards!

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
Rabidsquirrel
Moderately Confused

Trading: (5)
Rabidsquirrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
They bring international offerings to US citizens. Once again all you foreigners have your perspective ass backwards!

That was my take on it. Well, except for the whole foreigners bit.
Rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote