Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #1241
madurolover
That's what she said

Trading: (0)
madurolover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: It's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcigarz View Post
Maybe he is just disgruntled?
I put him at -79
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #1242
tobii3

You have been banned for the following reason:
drama - reposting same thread

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

So much for asking where the missing 6,000 member profiles are.....

Old 01-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #1243
BP22
Raiding Gerry's Zero

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
BP22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nothing can help this guy.
I tried...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #1244
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurolover View Post
I put him at -79
I can't get him. I've given out too much RG in the past 24 hrs. Someone ding him for me.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #1245
rack04
Lebowski Urban Achiever

First Name: Justin
Trading: (20)
HUpmann
rack04 will become famous soon enoughrack04 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Maybe he is just disgruntled?
Or many he/she trying to over compensate for something.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #1246
No1der

Quote:
I put him at -79
You put Jon at -79? This thread moves pretty fast so I might have missed something.

Cheers,
Rob

Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #1247
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Since this seems to be the thread to get things off of your chest, I would like to do just that. What I am about to post is something I need to do if I am to ever feel comfortable at CA. I keep seeing all of this talk about this being the "new" CS but I have to wonder.

In the past few days (8- 10) I have received PM's from some of the members here that seem to be held in high regard. I will not name them but I will tell you that never have I got such nasty, vile messages from people that I consider my "brothers". I have been told that I am a piece of Sh!t, my mother is a stinking wh0re, and other stuff that was much worse. All of this because I wanted to try and do what I could to help the forum I called home. Basically I wanted to do for new members there what the old mod team did for me when I first joined 3 years ago, and that is gentle guidance and help anytime it was needed.

I would like for the members that said these things to maybe sit back and think about what the "brotherhood" means and if you think that these types of actions were an appropriate way to treat a BOTL.

I will also say that if anyone has any question about it , no it was not any of the 11.

With that said I would like to suggest that we move forward and continue to spread the wealth of information we have to new and old members alike.

Team of 11, if this is inappropriate feel free to delete.
Wow, that really sucks. You, Aaron, Dave and Ji (I hope I didn't forget anyone) were in a very cumbersome spot and I personally have great respect for each of you stepping in to try to salvage a terrible situation. I hope (believe) that most members here agree with me that you guys are not to blame for what's going on at pvff. Hopefully, in time, the members that harassed you guys over there will apologize as warranted. IMO, your BOTL nature is exemplified in your attempt to salvage what appears to be "unsalvageable". You are not to blame...it seems pretty clear who is.

THANK YOU for the effort....truly.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #1248
Blaylock
Just in from the Storm

Blaylock is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Basically I wanted to do for new members there what the old mod team did for me when I first joined 3 years ago, and that is gentle guidance and help anytime it was needed...
...and Donnie, don't forget, we really wanted the free Puff Hats!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #1249
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Since this seems to be the thread to get things off of your chest, I would like to do just that. What I am about to post is something I need to do if I am to ever feel comfortable at CA. I keep seeing all of this talk about this being the "new" CS but I have to wonder.

In the past few days (8- 10) I have received PM's from some of the members here that seem to be held in high regard. I will not name them but I will tell you that never have I got such nasty, vile messages from people that I consider my "brothers". I have been told that I am a piece of Sh!t, my mother is a stinking wh0re, and other stuff that was much worse. All of this because I wanted to try and do what I could to help the forum I called home. Basically I wanted to do for new members there what the old mod team did for me when I first joined 3 years ago, and that is gentle guidance and help anytime it was needed.

I would like for the members that said these things to maybe sit back and think about what the "brotherhood" means and if you think that these types of actions were an appropriate way to treat a BOTL.

I will also say that if anyone has any question about it , no it was not any of the 11.

With that said I would like to suggest that we move forward and continue to spread the wealth of information we have to new and old members alike.

Team of 11, if this is inappropriate feel free to delete.
This conduct is absolutely not appropriate. NO reason why that type of behavior should ever be acceptable, and I hope it is dealt with appropiately.

But, also I can't understand why some of the admin decisions at PF have been openly accepted by some mods/admins at that site. Can anyone please explain why complete censorship by Jon is okay over there? No questions, no "outside the box" thinking is accepted apparently. I truthfully don't want this to turn into a PUFF bashing post, but that guy is a complete ****ing jackass.. and in a couple of months we will all look back and see what he had coming to him.

Good luck Jackass, you're gonna need it.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #1250
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

No reason was specified.

WHAT?!?! I didn't even post!!! oh well
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #1251
Nick
Feeling at Home

First Name: That's confidential
Nick is on a distinguished road

The part I was starting to hate was the censorship. I didn't realize China was suddenly running the internet.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #1252
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Hahah same thing here

insults/drama

The only thing I have said in the past couple of hours was a ding to JC's rep for an honest "closing/deliting" thread. Maybe he read my post here? Stalker!

Oh well.. got my family here.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #1253
JKim

Tony is Newt right?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #1254
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

It seems like all people who post here are being banned over there. That is a lot in people to ban.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #1255
Andyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The thing to do is to distinguish real and cyber.
This is where the problem lies.

This is not just a cyber board. I have met many many people and consider many of you my friends. It's not just a game.

This brings me to my next point. Jon Caputo is a real person as well. Like him or hate him this is not a game to him. He has invested a lot of money and time into this venture. Agree with his business or not this is real life to him. To us maybe it's a stupid forum. To him it's a lot more than that. If you met someone in person and came into their business and started harassing them and saying bad things about them to their clients. You would probibly be sued for slander. How is this any different? Why are we treating another human being this way?

You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to subscribe to the Puff lifestyle. Weather we think he deserves this or not. It's not really our call.

let it go..

Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #1256
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
It seems like all people who post here are being banned over there. That is a lot in people to ban.
that's ok, we'll all just join the other 600+ nonactive members that only exist for financial purposes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #1257
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKim View Post
Tony is Newt right?
Makes sense now.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #1258
madurolover
That's what she said

madurolover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
This is where the problem lies.

This is not just a cyber board. I have met many many people and consider many of you my friends. It's not just a game.

This brings me to my next point. Jon Caputo is a real person as well. Like him or hate him this is not a game to him. He has invested a lot of money and time into this venture. Agree with his business or not this is real life to him. To us maybe it's a stupid forum. To him it's a lot more than that. If you met someone in person and came into their business and started harassing them and saying bad things about them to their clients. You would probibly be sued for slander. How is this any different? Why are we treating another human being this way?

You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to subscribe to the Puff lifestyle. Weather we think he deserves this or not. It's not really our call.

let it go..
Well said Andy!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #1259
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I haven't been banned yet. Don't want to get banned yet either. Don't agree w/ what's going on, but I'd like to go back and see what the place will become eventually.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #1260
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

Wow, members are pretty butal over there. That newt guy is getting massacred.
Closed Thread