Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
ddoubleujr
IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Trading: (0)
ddoubleujr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tatuaje Little Monsters

As of last night, I now have 3.5 boxes of Little Monsters (split a box with pops). Will have my first one tomorrow at our local small airport. Taking the family to watch the planes practice taking off and landing. Thinking it will be the Little Frank...
ddoubleujr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #22
PuffPuffGive1
I'm the one who knocks!

First Name: Alan
Trading: (5)
PuffPuffGive1 is on a distinguished road

I'm getting my box on Monday...thank you Tobacco Grove!
PuffPuffGive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #23
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

Smoked through half a box this week in reverse order from Mini-Mum to Frank Jr. and here are my thoughts:
1) Wolfie - easily the best smoke in the box. Great flavor intensity with black cherry notes among the rich, earthy, leather, spice . . .
2) Lil' Drac - sweet, creamy, cocoa flavors dominate, intensifying into a nice leathery ending. Another great smoke.
3) Mini Mum - much more subtle smoke but really nice hints of cinnamon and caramel keep it interesting.
4) Frank Jr. - much like his father with woody, earthy, leathery notes and something I just couldn't place, but reminiscent of daddy. I liked it better than the original(fresh or aged).
5) Baby Face - Easy to place on the bottom, but still an enjoyable smoke. The only one I wouldn't seek more of, but I can be pretty picky. Almost exactly like what I can remember from it's older brother.

Bravo to Pete for making such an interesting combination of smokes. Each one very different from the others and even more amazing, true to the original monsters - as near as I can tell never having The Wolfman or Mummy and disregarding the vast improvement over The Drac. Now, if only I could find some of the Wolfman still around.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
zacktisch

just got my box last week - this is actually my first ever 'box' purchase of cigars. I've been through maybe 100 sticks, but all singles/5 packs/samplers. Excited to get some age on these, and trying to let them rest, but it's really hard not to break into the box
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #25
whodeeni

I've smoked the Frank, Mini Mum, and the Lil Drac So Far

I rank them

1) Mini Mum - Almost like smoking a CC! I can't remember but
it was very creamy, and the flavors were great!

2) Lil Drac - First half was okay lil green, but got some maduro
sweetness out of it, 2nd half was earth, a little cedar and
that maduro sweetness again, 6mo's on this one and it gonna
be smokin!

3) Lil Frank - Probably just too green, but id revisit it at a later date.

All of this talk about the Wolfie has me curious.... It would really be great
if Pete somehow turned these into a regular line and let you buy 25 of the
one you like best. I'd buy a box of the Mini Mum in a heartbeat!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
ddoubleujr
IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Trading: (0)
ddoubleujr is on a distinguished road

Smoked 2 of these bad boys over the weekend (Mini Mum & Wolfie) with Mini Mum standing out as a beast of a cigar. Wolfie was a good smoke and probably will get better with age. But the Mini Mum...WOW! Fantastic creamy flavor and contruction and burn that was simply amazing. See photo below...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (31.7 KB, 189 views)
ddoubleujr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Honestly, I feel like the Mini Mum is gonna be loads better in the full size, then again, I could just be a long, small ring gauge smoke ho, they're supposed to be 8.25 x 46 or something to that effect from what I remember.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #28
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Still only three deep in to my box (Wolfie, Mini Mum, and Frank) For me I liked the Frank the best with the Wolfie following behind and than the Mini Mum in the third seat. I do think the Mini Mum will get loads better with some age as the first half was good but kind of muted and the second half was just outstanding. If the front half was as good as the finish there would be no contest on which I thought was the best I will be revisiting it very soon though as I did smoke the Mini Mum right after having a Unico so that could be the reason why the front half seemed so muted and my assessment may not be fair although I did smoke the Frank shortly after finishing the Wolfie so none other than the Wolfie got smoked on a clean palette. For me the Frank packed the most flavor albeit with some slight burn issues but I honestly should have let them nap a couple more weeks. It could also be mental as I am still in love with the original Frank which was still the best release for me.
I too am curious to see what the full size Mummy will bring flavor wise. The size will be very similar to the Frank.