Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Outlaw God
John 3:16

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (2)
Outlaw God is on a distinguished road
Default Via Havana Maduro Review

Review # 96
$152 - $172 a box
Via Havana cigars are by Cuba Rica Tabacalera http://www.viahavana.com/
Ecuadorian wrapper
Made in Costa Rica
Maduro El Morro 6x52

They all come in the same five sizes, 5" x 52, 6" x 52, 6.5" x 52 belicoso, 7" x 52 and 6" x 60.
Also carry IMHO of them....
Connecticut Wrapper (muted flavors, need rest)
Maduro Dolce (artificial sweetness, don't think rest will help it)
Maduro (the very best of the line to me)
Corojo (never had)
Testarosso (more pepper notes and some sweetness)

This line of cigars have been on the making for a few years and there is not a lot of info about them and almost exclusively sold in B&M

Storage time: 80 days
Storage Temperature 68
Storage humidity 67

Prelight: Floral, sweet tobacco, sweet fresh hay, chocolate and cinnamon, one of the most oily wrappers I've experienced with a beautiful sheen.

1st 1/3
Sweet leather, molasses, chocolate, light cedar, spice zing on the lips and sweet woods, perfect draw, lots of smoke.
Classify it as a medium in strength if not a tad over

2nd 1/3
Coffee and cinnamon flavors add to the cigar, along with the sweet leather, molasses, chocolate, light cedar and sweet woods.

On youtube a B&M owner was trying to convey that Via Havana cigars made in Costa Rica had real imported Cuban leaf in them and got hell from Cuba Rica Tabacalera Co. the video got taken down a few months ago for good reason.

I think I caught hell for reporting his comment on a box purchase not to long ago on "show your resent purchase" ouch!

Anyway I'm now getting a semi sweet mix of spice and cocoa as it burns the last part of the 2nd 1/3

Last 1/3
I'm glad to say that the spicy note has smoothed out leaving a tastey cocoa and molasses flavor coming out with a slight after taste of light cinnamon

Still burning straight with a perfect draw
Now getting an addition of toasted nuts with a little salt, I'm loving this stick

This is a great go to cigar and if you can get them online there only $7.65 and one of my favorites
At a B&M be prepared for a little under $9 a stick

Smoke time 1hr 40 min
Score 9.5 out of 10