Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Cromagnon Mode 5

Took the opportunity to try out this short perfecto that friend Munky bombed me with a while back. This stick has been sleeping for at least 3 months and proved to be superb. Compared to the EMH that I tried a couple of months back, the Mode 5 was much better. Neat shape, easy to cut and light, with an easy draw. Lots of light gray smoke that never stopped and the stick never got too hot. Flavors were crazy good. Lots of earthiness, dark coffee, slight sweetness and nuttiness. Even got some chocolate in there at times. Overall, an excellent cigar. IMHO, the best in the Cromagnon line.
RR
RR

Last edited by badbriar; 01-24-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
badbriar

Default Re: Cromagnon Mode 5

Fast forward a few more months... Now these sticks have at least 6 months on them and are getting even better. Must have missed this before, but can detect a bit of a salty/savory note which adds a lot to the flavor profile. Also got a few 'new' ones from the local B&M and found them to be the same. This has become my favorite cigar by far. Very consistent with excellent flavors and good burn each and every time. Oh, and I did find that these seem to like being on the slightly dry side. Now... Off to get a few more!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cromagnon Mode 5

I smoked a Cromagnon Mode 5 yesterday that had been in my humi for approximately 6 months and found the same thing. It had developed a bit more depth of flavor. The savory note that you describe was more pronounced, and that’s of the flavors that I really enjoy and look for in the Cromagnon line. I can also say that I have smoked several of these now and they have been very consistent and delicious every time. The Aquitaine and Intemperance BA versions are also very good.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote