Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation
Default One month with the XIKAR EXII Carbon Fiber Lighter.

What can I say, I like lighters and here are some observations. I purchased this Xikar two months ago just to see how it works. The physical. It has a shiny super polished chrome finish over steel with carbon fiber inlay. The flip lid snaps with precision and closes smartly with no wobble. One push down on the ignitor and I have flame...every time. It has a nice solid feel and heft without being too large or heavy.

The performance. It's a jet flame that turns into a soft flame. Very adjustable from barely lit to super flame. Seems to be very wind proof. The adjustment knob on the bottom seems a little stiff but it does have slot for coin use. Still works good enough with the fingers. With one cigar per day usage, it lasts more than one week. I light and re-light several times too. As good or better mileage form any lighter I have ever owned. Two big positives. It gives ample warning when it needs to be refilled. Sort of like a Bic...it just keeps going although with a diminishing flame which can be adjusted upward to get every last drop of fuel out. Unlike most torches I've had, the Xikar will still work for many more lights when it's time for a refill. I always hated that about some torches that died on the spot and me, stuck without a match.

The second positive is the refill time. When the instructions say five seconds, they mean it. That's all the time it takes to have a working lighter for many days.

Conclusion. It's a lighter. A lighter that works very well for cigars. It's well constructed and has worked daily without fail for that past two months. Maybe it's not Dupont flashy, but it still produces as great a flame for a fraction of the cost. I'll admit to being an Xikar fanboy, but I really like this lighter, especially that fact that it will not leave me stranded in an instant with an empty fuel tank. I hate carrying backup matches.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 581cf.jpg (13.6 KB, 282 views)
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: One month with the XIKAR EXII Carbon Fiber Lighter.

Nice review great looking lighter too!
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote