Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about
Default Does it get any better?

So as some may know I work at a substance abuse facility in Wisconsin, and the weather here well was winter and a cold snowy first start of spring. Last couple of days was nice so most snow melted and was warm. Tonight at work I decided to start up a fire in the fire-pit in the backyard bring my 15 count traveldor out there and sit back and enjoy a gar.
Lets just say 10 minutes of the fire and my light up I had 8 clients that aren't cigar smokers enjoying good cigars and just hanging out talking about recovery and getting things off their chests and and what not and just relaxing, enjoying life. However some may question if introducing people that may not have $$ or good finance smarts or addictions to the world of cigars but, I didn't see any harm. TY lord for the good night and times.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Does it get any better?

Cigars are not addictive in and of themselves. Buying them....well that's an entirely different story. You're fine Corey, just don't send them here
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
timo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (0)
timo will become famous soon enough

Fireside cigar recovery meeting at a treatment facility.....Awesome!!!

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Ya done good. I've done the same on way more than one occasion.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Sounds great Corey! Cigars as therapy, loving it!
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Nicely done Corey!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Sign me up!!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

That sounds great Corey.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Sign me up!!
Lol. I don't think you want to put in the time required to earn one of those seats. It's not as glamorous as you may imagine.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Lol. I don't think you want to put in the time required to earn one of those seats. It's not as glamorous as you may imagine.
I meant for some cigar smoking therapy...the relaxing and enjoying life part (not the abuse part, did not mean to glamorous that part at all)!!

Last edited by kelmac07; 04-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Quote:
I meant for some cigar smoking therapy...the relaxing and enjoying life part (not the abuse part, did not mean to glamorous that part at all)!!
What the hell is P.C anyways!?
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Introduce them to the Asylum... Cigar Asylum that is!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Ya done good. I've done the same on way more than one occasion.
yeah i did around the christmas holiday for a week got expensive but was fun but didn't beat sitting in warmer weather around a fire, and the thank yous I got from the clients and how many came and shared in my office after , was great breaking that barrier of staff/client. Kind of what i like to do with racquetball with them but less painful and energy.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

LGC

Quote:
Sign me up!!
Make sure you bring your sticks upon entering treatment. Might be able to convince the boss to allow you to bring the vino or a big desktop.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Sounds great Corey! Cigars as therapy, loving it!
I was thinking of getting that group therapy t shirt with cigars around an ashtray for that reason, there's some young over 18 adults I mentor or talk to and some I sponsor that we find ourselves smoking a gar during the 1-2 hr talks.

on a different note how many guys gonna go grab some wood now and start enjoying companionship by the fire cause like I started does it get any better than this...
Old 04-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #16
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I approve of this thread. Good stuff. I LOVE campfires.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
Tyler

Wonderful idea. Cigars always bring people closer together, unless they are bidding against each other online .