Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Padilla Artisan Perfecto aka Padilla Burberry

I bought this 5.75 inch ring 54 figurado at the Padilla shop & factory at Calle Ocho in Miami but the cigar is also for sale at cigarsinternational.com but it is backordered at the moment. It is a Nicaraguan puro with 3 different wrappers in a crisscross pattern that makes this cigar a work of art. Ernesto Padilla made these cigars at an event as a special but they are so popular that cigarsinternational.com decided to sell them too.

The predraw is a bit on the easy side and leaves me with a dry, raisin like, flavor on my lips. After lighting the cigar I taste some dry grass with a lot of white pepper. Even though the white pepper flavor is full, it is not overpowering. The flavors are warm and I can taste milky chocolate.

After an inch the pepper mellows down and I taste a flavor similar to walnuts that is replaced by chocolate again around the middle of the cigar. The texture is creamy. I can taste some nuts again before the grand finale that lets me experience pepper and nuts.

This cigar produces a lot of smoke, and due to the different wrappers, the color of the smoke changes. The first smoke was blue but it turned to white smoke later on. The ash is light colored and firm. What strikes me most is the burn, I mean, I always have problems getting the burn straight on a figurado like this and with the 3 different wrappers in a strange pattern I was expecting the worst, but the burn was razor sharp.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, the flavors are nice and the cigar itself is a nice conversation piece.

Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 10 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 8 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
Old 07-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Padilla Artisan Perfecto aka Padilla Burberry

Thanks for the great review w/pics! That's a beauty!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Padilla Artisan Perfecto aka Padilla Burberry

Thanks for the great puics and review Ferdie...I am sitting on the one Simon gifted me for smoking that FINGER!!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about

I'm sitting on one of these, too, and waiting for an occasion when I'll use it as a conversation-starter. Great review!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I have one left, and that will be used as a conversation starter too. As soon as CI has some stock I will order another fiver.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they sell these in a box yet. I would absolutely love to have a box for the big display humi.
The maduro, corojo and habano wrapper has got to make for a delicious cigar.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I don't think they sell these in a box yet
indeed, they sell them in fivers, packed like this:

Old 07-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
SmokeyNL

gave the 5er I bought away, they are pretty though, enjoy m guys!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
SmokeyNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thanks for the great puics and review Ferdie...I am sitting on the one Simon gifted me for smoking that FINGER!!!!
Lol you earned it, although you made me smoke the grape-flavored cigar which was also nasty I hope you enjoy this one more then the gorillafinger
Old 07-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Nice review, I really want to grab a couple of these.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyNL View Post
Lol you earned it, although you made me smoke the grape-flavored cigar which was also nasty I hope you enjoy this one more then the gorillafinger
Simon...not even close in comparison...I would smoke 20 Grape Swishers before another Gorilla Finger!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
Smoke Naked
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
Smoke Naked is on a distinguished road

Great review as usual, with great pics. Who was the stoned homeless guy you passed it to?

Of course I am J/K

♥ ♦ Palio Fanboy Here ♣ ♠
Smoke Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks for the review Ferdie. Ever since Simon showed the fiver he bought to me in Gainesville I was wondering about them.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #14
SmokeyNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Simon...not even close in comparison...I would smoke 20 Grape Swishers before another Gorilla Finger!!!
Really? I bet I can get volt or some other local BOTL to help me out with this one then
Old 07-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Really? I bet I can get volt or some other local BOTL to help me out with this one then
I could prolly get some grape swishers if you need em.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
SmokeyNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I could prolly get some grape swishers if you need em.
That would be great, send them to volt, he can give them to Kelmac who as you read likes them (you are welcome Mac )
Old 07-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

I can forward Mac's addy to Greg, that saves Volt the trouble
Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
That would be great, send them to volt, he can give them to Kelmac who as you read likes them (you are welcome Mac )
I have plenty of Grape Swishers!!! Still have a few from the Tulip Twins herf...no need to waste the postage (thanks Simon)!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
Wanger

GAH!!!! Gorilla Finger!! Why did you have to go and ruin this thread by the very mention if it?!?!

Nice review Ferd. Never know how something like that will smoke and taste. Hoe each of the differen wrappers will blend as they burn.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Nice review, this is a cigar that is on my list.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote