Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #3781
Robulous78

Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Gun Banterers... I haven't seen many bad ass photos on this thread lately, anyone got anything they wanna show off?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #3782
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Gun Banterers... I haven't seen many bad ass photos on this thread lately, anyone got anything they wanna show off?

It's not banter! It's legit gun discussion. I'll have a picture of my new CCW gun whenever it gets here

I took the red dot off my AR and put a Daniel Defense A1.5 Rear right on it and put a magpul ASAP sling plate and MS3 1-2 point sling on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #3783
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post

It's not banter! It's legit gun discussion. I'll have a picture of my new CCW gun whenever it gets here
My sincerest apologies, But I still think everything is better with a picture
Look forward to seeing your C-Dubs when it gets there...

Quote:
I took the red dot off my AR and put a 1)Daniel Defense A1.5 Rear right on it and put a 2)magpul ASAP sling plate and 3) MS3 1-2 point sling on it.
I think I can follow this, more or less, 1 is a sight/scope of some badass-proportion, 2) is something to do with the trigger mech? IDK lol, 3) a sling as in a body strap right?

I just buy whatever accessories I can get my hands on that are at a reasonable price, if they work they work, if not then I probably didn't really NEED it to begin with...

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #3784
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

lol @ Rob. The DD A1.5 is just a regular fixed rear sight, no scope or red dot. The ASAP is a mounting point for a sling and yes about the sling.

Here's the ASAP plate

Here's the DD A1.5 rear sight
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #3785
Robulous78

ok... Well I guess I'll just have take my ball back over to the Zombie thread... Carry on Justin...

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #3786
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

I added a new member to the family today. Glock 17 gen 4, lightly used.

I was really surprised actually, G17 fit my hand, but the 19 DIDN'T. I can't figure that one out... Once upon a time I had a G35 and got rid of it, just couldn't get it to balance right in my tiny hands. Same story for a lot of full size pistols for me... usually a "compact" model fits much better.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #3787
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

That is strange.

Well the doc gave my wife a day off work for rest and such. I told work I was gonna stay home tonight too. This way I can do whatever needs done so she can rest. She gets stressed easily so I'm sure that's a contributing factor. Gonna have to get her to work on that...

So Francis what's up with u going I Venezuela?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #3788
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
That is strange.

Well the doc gave my wife a day off work for rest and such. I told work I was gonna stay home tonight too. This way I can do whatever needs done so she can rest. She gets stressed easily so I'm sure that's a contributing factor. Gonna have to get her to work on that...

So Francis what's up with u going I Venezuela?
Good to hear!

Heading there in March, be there a year or so (in theory)
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #3789
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

But y
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #3790
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
But y
el amor, matrimonio

(the assault weapon ban known as "wedding cake")
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #3791
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Tell her come here...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #3792
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Tell her come here...
can't yet, she's got another year of school left.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #3793
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

I went to pick up my Ruger I-Tac 10/22 today...I had ordered it and had money down and when I went to get it the price went from 369 to 599. What a joke!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #3794
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Yeh that's some bs. If u ordered and out money down there's no way Rey shoulda change the price. I'd be like **** u then
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #3795
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

ouch, was that from a brick n mortar gun store? Definitely not acceptable if they had your name down and locked in with a down payment.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #3796
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Not on DSG's web page, over on alliedarmory.com ... but still, a good sign

UPDATE 1/2/2012: Shipment of M3 & M3 Maglevel PMAGs arrived today and some early backorders are being filled.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #3797
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Yeh that's some bs. If u ordered and out money down there's no way Rey shoulda change the price. I'd be like **** u then
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
ouch, was that from a brick n mortar gun store? Definitely not acceptable if they had your name down and locked in with a down payment.
Bad business for such a small town, He will be back to selling guns on the gunbroker out of his garage like most of them fail around here. And yep it was a B&M gun store. I did really good with keeping my composure, Bad rep points will cost him much more in the long run.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #3798
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

YEP!

Honestly, I grew up in small business. I don't consider it gouging to put prices at market levels on things I should have already had. It's good business. BUT equally good business is being HONEST.

I don't actually have my G17 yet. Found it at my local gun store today. I didn't have time to do the paperwork, so I asked him to hold on to it. He put my name on a post-it-note and stuck it in the back, no questions asked. He expects and hopes I'll come back to buy it in a day. As for my part, I intend to buy it, even if I found it $20 cheaper somewhere else, because I told him I would. Plane, simple, honest business both ways.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #3799
jluck
Way out there

HdM

It would be different if he had to pay more to get it but he told me he didn't...

Beware OF
Newport Guns
Newport Oregon.

Gun Broker name. gparmele1

He did sell one for over 600 through Gunbroker the same day but I don't feel it was a honorable way to do business.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #3800
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Epic gingerbread score is epic

Yum by emopunker2004, on Flickr