Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #4201
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Tough call...no managerial experience at all?? He's done a hell of a job with the pitching staff though. I was pulling for Larkin.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #4202
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

If the attitude of the clubhouse doesn't change, and they don't find some leadership, it won't make a darn bit of difference who the manager is.

I wonder how much they are shopping Votto and Phillips right now? It has to be time to consider unloading those two terrible contracts. Surprising before last season, as I thought they got deals on both guys, but it looks more and more like wasted money.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #4203
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Dusty appears to be on the radar for the Tigers. At least that's the talk. No leaks or official word.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #4204
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Dusty appears to be on the radar for the Tigers. At least that's the talk. No leaks or official word.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #4205
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Its old, the thread is dead, I was slowly becoming a bigger Reds fan when: Homer Bailey signs for $105M over 6 years. Just when I thought they had been making fabulous moves, they let Choo go for $120M for 7 years and sign a #3 starter to a gigantic deal after a career 11-13 season.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #4206
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Homer is a good reliable workhorse. I am glad they signed him.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #4207
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Homer is a good reliable workhorse. I am glad they signed him.
A "reliable workhorse", with a career .500 record and 4.25 ERA. If he doesn't get much better in a short period of time, its going to be $18.5M a year of wasted money. And that's assuming his elbow issues don't come back. He got paid more for two no-hitters than his entire body of work

Side note: I played the wrong sport, when a guy like Homer signs a $100M+ deal in today's MLB.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #4208
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I don't care about a pitchers W-L record at all. If your team doesn't score you any runs, you aren't getting a W no matter how good you pitch.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #4209
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
A "reliable workhorse", with a career .500 record and 4.25 ERA. If he doesn't get much better in a short period of time, its going to be $18.5M a year of wasted money. And that's assuming his elbow issues don't come back. He got paid more for two no-hitters than his entire body of work

Side note: I played the wrong sport, when a guy like Homer signs a $100M+ deal in today's MLB.
Maybe his WHIP is amazing.

On your side note, you could have tried basketball too. You're tall enough and I'm sure nobody could box you out. Heck Josh Smith doesn't even try when he's on court and the Pistons gave him a 4 year $54 million deal. NBA is nuts with the losers they pay over $10 million/year
Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #4210
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Maybe its just me, but the guy is making as much as a former AL and NL MVP, guys with Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers and multiple All Star Appearances. He has ZERO All-Star appearances, ONE Player of the Week, and a career 49-45 record and a 4.25 ERA. The Reds were notoriously tight, but this contract has me scratching my head.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #4211
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Bernadina looked good today. I know nothing about him, but if today was his typical self, then I have no problem whatsoever with him on the 25 man roster.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #4212
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't care about a pitchers W-L record at all. If your team doesn't score you any runs, you aren't getting a W no matter how good you pitch.
This team will score runs with Jacoby gone and a more aggressive running game.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #4213
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I sure hope so
Old 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #4214
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4985431.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
If Hamilton can get on base, the kid is instant offense. The guys behind him have to get him to the plate. When he gets on, they should have a run most of the time.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #4215
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4985431.html

If Hamilton can get on base, the kid is instant offense. The guys behind him have to get him to the plate. When he gets on, they should have a run most of the time.
Getting on base is the problem. Let's hope he doesn't turn into Stubbs 2.0. He runs like Ricky, but can he hit? (Or draw walks)

Insert quote here.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #4216
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

My stomach hurts watching that video
Old 03-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #4217
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
My stomach hurts watching that video
I watched that game the other day. He stayed down for a long time afterwards. CTrent then blasted Phillips for laughing about the situation. CTrent is such a douche.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #4218
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

I like CTrent.

Chapman... ouch....
Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #4219
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Dan, I hope Chapman recovers fully but who knows? Same thing happened many years ago to a guy from my town, at the minor league level. That was the end of that career, he was sort of slow and would get upset easily for the rest of his life.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #4220
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping Chapman recovers. Vicious comebacker.