Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #41
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Strasburg

tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back this time.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #42
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwaved View Post
This thread has been about as stupid as it gets, imo. I cannot wait for all of the "experts" to "educate" everyone on how shutting the kid down "cost" them. Where are the ****ing Rolaids? I am sure everyone who disagrees with what they did is a "medical expert" that lends something more than a Holiday Inn Express point of view. The closer gives up four runs in the 9th to hand the Cards the game. Yup, blame the series on no Strasburg. Bravo...BTW, what are the lottery numbers while you are at it?
I don't know if anyone can directly correlate the series loss because of Strasburg, and I don't blame it on him, but does that really matter? Does it change the fact that it is still stupid the way the Nats handled the kid? I don't think it does.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #43
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
This thread has been about as stupid as it gets, imo. I cannot wait for all of the "experts" to "educate" everyone on how shutting the kid down "cost" them. Where are the ****ing Rolaids? I am sure everyone who disagrees with what they did is a "medical expert" that lends something more than a Holiday Inn Express point of view. The closer gives up four runs in the 9th to hand the Cards the game. Yup, blame the series on no Strasburg. Bravo...BTW, what are the lottery numbers while you are at it?
Color me stupid I guess, Davey-Boy.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #44
Bigwaved

Trading: (3)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Bigwaved has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I don't know if anyone can directly correlate the series loss because of Strasburg, and I don't blame it on him, but does that really matter? Does it change the fact that it is still stupid the way the Nats handled the kid? I don't think it does.
No, you cannot. Fact? Stupid? Do you know what a fact is? Or are you just using it loosely here? What seems stupid in life to me is when someone speaks about something they know very little about like they are an expert. You seem to be doing right about now. If not, here is you chance to speak to your expertise on the subject. Lay out your facts that back up your claim of how they mishandled the guy. Do not forget to provide your qualifications on the subject of TJ surgery recovery times, how much stress you should put on the replacement UCL, specifically for younger individuals and the long term impact on them. I will not hold my breath waiting for these facts.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #45
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Having a cigar and a de-caf.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #46
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
No, you cannot. Fact? Stupid? Do you know what a fact is? Or are you just using it loosely here? What seems stupid in life to me is when someone speaks about something they know very little about like they are an expert. You seem to be doing right about now. If not, here is you chance to speak to your expertise on the subject. Lay out your facts that back up your claim of how they mishandled the guy. Do not forget to provide your qualifications on the subject of TJ surgery recovery times, how much stress you should put on the replacement UCL, specifically for younger individuals and the long term impact on them. I will not hold my breath waiting for these facts.
This is an interesting response. Before I form my reply, I'm curious what you think the reason was for the Nats shutting him down?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #47
Bigwaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Color me stupid I guess, Davey-Boy.
The the thread is stupid not from your original question. i did not say that, either. No, it turned stupid when hindsight became the driver of expert opinion. In my opinion, it is a result of the media creating an issue out of a non-issue to sell a story. I distinctly remember how up in arms everyone was when they shut down Zimmermann last year using the same reasoning. From Spring Training, the team stated what the plan was. It wasn't confusing, bad planning or stupid, as described. The front office weighed out all of the medical data and made a choice to do what they thought will benefit the team in the long run. The rebuilding plan has been to target the 2013 season for quite a while. This year's version played above all expectations. To think it is a one time chance for this team to play in the playoffs is trending towards ludicrous, imo.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #48
Bigwaved

Quote:
This is an interesting response. Before I form my reply, I'm curious what you think the reason was for the Nats shutting him down?
I have no doubt you would find it interesting. They based it off the best medical data they had. i said that earlier in the thread. It was not some secret to how they arrived at this decision with the pitchers they control who have had this surgery. They wil do it with Giolito, too.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #49
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
I have no doubt you would find it interesting. They based it off the best medical data they had. i said that earlier in the thread. It was not some secret to how they arrived at this decision with the pitchers they control who have had this surgery. They wil do it with Giolito, too.
Best medical data of what? I don't like to assume things, but I will here because you aren't picking up what I'm throwing down You agree the Nats shut golden boy down because of his TJ surgery and that they don't want to risk post TJ surgery injury based off of "medical data"? I just want to get this clear before I form my response to your post above.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #50
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

My original point was this, Dave....The Nats decided to limit his innings...not his appearances or pitch count. Once it became apparent that the Nats were likely going to make the post season, and since it was an inning count they were using, why not reduce his innings pitched per appearance, or have him skip a couple starts, in order to leave his inning count with some room to spare for the postseason?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #51
Bigwaved

Quote:
Best medical data of what? I don't like to assume things, but I will here because you aren't picking up what I'm throwing down You agree the Nats shut golden boy down because of his TJ surgery and that they don't want to risk post TJ surgery injury based off of "medical data"? I just want to get this clear before I form my response to your post above.
If I am not picking up what you are throwing down, then spill it. Quit playing these reindeer games. If you want me change it to medical advice, then fine. Happy now? Can you "form" your response now? I don't really don't want to make the time for more of your bs. It is up to you to produce the credentials you posses to make you expert enough to determine how "stupid" everyone is who involved in the decision to limit his innings, just as they did with Zimmermann the year earlier. I am all ears. Where are your facts? Golden boy? You are going to have to try harder, spanky.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #52
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Let's argue opinions and/or facts, Men, and stop making this personal.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #53
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Ya know what? I am the O.P. for this thread, and I am making a request of the ToE to shut it down, since it is getting to a place we don't do at CA,

Oh yeah, I am a ToE too, so this thread is done.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #54
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

And it's a f*cking shame too, because I was enjoying the discourse and differing thoughts and opinions until it went South and was made personal.

I am not an expert on cigars, but I freely give my opinion. I'd hate to thnk I'd get jumped because I have an opinion despite not being an expert.

Closed Thread