Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Christmas Letter

Most of you will not get the Jerabek Christmas card/letter from us, but, I'd like to share it with you anyway as I consider many of you good friends. I already send out over 150 cards/letters and my wife would like to pare that down a bit. So, you get it via Cigar Asylum.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" (Luke 2:11 14 ESV)

This letter is about the Jerabek family, but it is solely my (Todd’s) reflections, as I am writing it.

Last Friday night Pauline and I went to Madison to attend Nathan’s Christmas choral concert (amazing by the way). While driving the hour and a half to Fond Du Lac where we’d spend the night before Tim’s wrestling tournament, I had a long contemplative moment, the impetus for this year’s Jerabek Christmas letter. These events typifying our life as it finds joyous expression enjoying the activities of the two blessings God gave to us – Nathan & Timothy.

Where did all the time go? When considering what has gone before, in what has really only been a few short years, I quickly realized how God has richly blessed me. Time has passed so quickly and it is incredible how much has changed. When we arrived in Embarrass neither of the boys had even started school, but now one is gone to college and the other is trying to figure out where he wants to attend school in a year.

Pauline and I just got married a couple years ago! At least that is how it feels in my mind (my body is a whole different story), but it was 28 years this past summer. We look a whole lot different than we did “in the day.” Pauline is a wonderful wife, I could not have wished for better. She still teaches 5th grade and does three chimes choirs at St. Martin. Zion is blessed to have her as the new choir director even as she continues her role as Sunday School Superintendent. And of course, she still actively has to mother a son at home and one long distance. I am blessed of God to have her as my heart!

I cannot believe that it is 20 years since my ordination, but it is. God continues to find a use for me as pastor to Zion, St. Peter, and St. John Lutheran Churches.

Timothy is a Junior at Clintonville HS this year. Football is over, but wrestling is in full swing. He earned his first tournament medal (2nd place) and is hoping for a great season. He is also enjoying singing in the Barbershop quartet and the Show Choir – their concert was excellent. An excellent student, he is considering college options already. He’d like to wrestle at the collegiate level, but he wants a school where he can begin studies toward becoming a doctor of sports medicine. A couple Wisconsin state schools look appealing to him. He’s also considering joining the National Guard as a way of serving his country and helping with college expenses. Proud father here!

All three of us are looking forward to Nathan coming home for Christmas at the end of his first semester at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. He graduated Valedictorian in June from Clintonville HS, also earning the Louis Armstrong Jazz Musician award. It is strange not having him around the house, but college life seems to be treating him well. Classes are challenging, but he is rising to the challenge. He is also getting involved in some extracurricular activities. His highlight is the Men’s Choir he joined. He is part of the small group that has done a wonderful rendition of the National Anthem at UW sporting events. He is also a founding member of the Late Night Quartet which grew out of this Chorus. He’s even found a church to attend regularly. Yes, I am a proud father!

Praying also that you have a blessed Christmas!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Christmas Letter

This is a great insight into your wonderful life. I hope you have a great christmas and a wonderful time with your family. God Bless your Rev

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Thank you for sharing, Todd. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

Todd Merry Christmas buddy and may peace and happiness be yours this year!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

, thanks for sharing that Todd.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I know some people wonder what goes on in the lives of the others on this board. Maybe it is too much information, maybe not.

Nathan enjoys an occasional cigar and pipe. He's even visited this board. I wish he'd come around more, but you know how much kids listen to their dad?

Anyway, a bit of who I am and what I do.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
stjoe56
tcphand

First Name: barry
Trading: (0)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stjoe56 is on a distinguished road

Pastor, I'm pretty new to the forum and don't post because I'm not familiar with forums anyway, but after reading the message you included from Luke and your family update I would like to. I found your news interesting and you are blessed, as we all are. A blessed Christmas to you and yours! The reason I wanted to respond is because I was introduced to cigars by a former pastor (and a son-in-law) at a family night gathering on a Sunday night at Grace Lutheran in Hobbs, NM in 2007. I enjoy this forum pretty much daily and not new to yours and any of the other regular posters here, thanks guys I've learned alot here. Merry Christmas to CA!
stjoe56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe56 View Post
Pastor, I'm pretty new to the forum and don't post because I'm not familiar with forums anyway, but after reading the message you included from Luke and your family update I would like to. I found your news interesting and you are blessed, as we all are. A blessed Christmas to you and yours! The reason I wanted to respond is because I was introduced to cigars by a former pastor (and a son-in-law) at a family night gathering on a Sunday night at Grace Lutheran in Hobbs, NM in 2007. I enjoy this forum pretty much daily and not new to yours and any of the other regular posters here, thanks guys I've learned alot here. Merry Christmas to CA!
That wouldn't have been Grace Lutheran Church in Hobbs, would it?

Thanks for your kind words.