Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
CigarNewb1

Default Romeo Y Julieta Humidor.

I picked up this Humidor a while back on Ebay and just thought I'd share pictures of it on here. Anyone seen anything like it? Any ways that I can improve it? Thanks.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romeo Y Julieta Humidor.

Yes...get a bigger one.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
CigarNewb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Yes...get a bigger one.
Yeah - If I had the money I would in a heart beat.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
goomer

It looks like someone took a regular box and added a hygrometer to it. How well does it work?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
CigarNewb1

It works pretty good it seems to seal tight - and as you can see it holds pretty good humidity.

Last edited by CigarNewb1; 12-30-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomer View Post
It looks like someone took a regular box and added a hygrometer to it. How well does it work?
Yep. That's exactly what they did. Hope you didn't pay more than $5 for it. With the humidification $15. The analog hygro is crap as they never are correct. Get a digital to find out the true rh. Plus, bad placement of the analog hygrometer. (and I think that was probably done intentionally to make the analog read in the right "area") It's directly above the humidification and that also will not give you correct rh information even if it were digital.

I'm sure it works ok, though. But, that will last you about two weeks if you stay around here.

Last edited by NCRadioMan; 12-30-2011 at 11:40 AM.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Agree with Mac!

and my suggestion, add some sticks...you don't want to be showing too many pics of empty humidors on this site
Old 12-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
CigarNewb1

I took my smokes out to show the Humidor, don't worry - Although I am running a bit low. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent humidor for under $50? I'm thinking a Tupperware humidor might work even better then what I have now.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Yep. That's exactly what they did. Hope you didn't pay more than $5 for it. With the humidification $15. The analog hygro is crap as they never are correct. Get a digital to find out the true rh. Plus, bad placement of the analog hygrometer. (and I think that was probably done intentionally to make the analog read in the right "area") It's directly above the humidification and that also will not give you correct rh information even if it were digital.

I'm sure it works ok, though. But, that will last you about two weeks if you stay around here.

I have to agree with everything here. You should never put the hygro right above the humidification. That won't give you a proper reading.

OP, a tupperware will hold humidity rock solid for extremely cheap. You can never go wrong with that.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

I was just looking at this: http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/260

I really don't know about the quality though. Seems like a good price for a 100 count though.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
CigarNewb1

Yeah I think I'll probably just go the tupperware route, what would be the best humidification device to put inside of it? I'm thinking maybe a Boveda pack. and should I put cedar in it?

Last edited by CigarNewb1; 12-30-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Tupperware is the way to go! Cheap = more $ for smokes. Boveda will def work, and you can put some cedar in it if you like. I would pick up an empty box from the local B&M and put cigars in there then put it in the tupperware. That should do you just fine...for now
Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Liquid Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNewb1 View Post
Yeah I think I'll probably just go the tupperware route, what would be the best humidification device to put inside of it? I'm thinking maybe a Boveda pack. and should I put cedar in it?
Beads always worked well for me
Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
I was just looking at this: http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/260

I really don't know about the quality though. Seems like a good price for a 100 count though.
Looks almost exactly like my humidor, the only difference I see is the inlay at the top for the humidifier and hygrometer, mine is rectangular with two circular openings for a disk and a hygrometer. That said, I just use two of the Xikar crystal jars and they do the trick for me.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote