Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 08-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default The Chris Clay Diet

I am a big boy….topping at over 300 lbs and I’m 6’5″ weight has been an issue with me since I was a kid….actually the whole family is overweight, my mom has had her stomach stapled and did the biariatric surgery as well.

I have had my share of diets as well, cabbage soup diet, atkins, weight watchers….you get the idea.

For my wife’s birthday my mother gave her the old treadmill, we couldn’t get it to work until her dad looked at it and told us that it needed silicone spray (hell we didn’t know, neither one of us had a treadmill before). Anyway we got it working.

There is this guy at work name is Chris Clay (hence the title….see where I’m going with this?) Chris was never a big man, but he was putting on some weight, which I’m sure it’s because of stress do to his job (pssst he’s a bigwig).

The other day I seen Chris and a lot of people were noticing that Mr. Clay had lost a lot of weight, even my wife mentioned that he had to buy some new clothes because his cureent threads were falling off the man.

I spoke to Chris and the conversation went like this:

Me: Hey Chris, man you’ve really lost a lot of weight.

Chris: Thanks

Me: What’s your secret

Chris: I do a 1/2 hour of treadmill everyday

Me: That’s it?

Chris: Yeah

Me: Wow, so have you been watching what you’ve been eating at all or no (thinking I could still eat like a pig and just do the treadmill for 1/2 an hour and be a skinny minnie)

Chris: Well I have a SMART ONES for lunch then I TRY to eat a sensible dinner, TRY is the key word

Me: Did you stop drinking

Chris: (looking at me very serious) Oh I still drink, I haven’t given up my beer.

Me: Whew lol ok. So that’s it huh?

Chris: That’s it!

Me: How much have you lost?

Chris: I started out at 238 lbs and I’m down to 209….my goal is 200 lbs.

Me: That’s awesome! How long have you been doing this?

Chris: Since January.

I have started this diet, as of Monday 5/2/2011 and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. Now I didn’t weight myself before I started because we don’t have scales yet heh. A half hour on the treadmill is a 1.7 miles and 278 calories…..I think this is pretty impressive, hey I’m a fat man and I have actually seen proof that a diet actually works.

Look I’m 42 years old and I have a stepson, I don’t want to keel over and die of a heart attack just by playing ball with the little dude in the back yard. I want to live dammit! I don’t even really have a goal, well that’s a lie I have a goal, but it’s not realistic because I would look like a crack head, but even losing 100 lbs would make me HAWT like in my college years.

I posted that on my blog on May 5th (just so you guys know what I am doing and I didn't want to re-write all that)

Today I jumped on the scales (Saturday's are my usual weigh-ins and I lost another 3 pounds!!!!! Grand total is 26 pounds gone!!!

Just thought I would share with ya
Old 08-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: The Chris Clay Diet

Nice job Mickey Keep it up.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome! Keep it up!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

HELL YEAH!! Keep up the good work.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys and I plan on it.