Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 04-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #1841
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Games thread!

So I succumbed to the draw and reinstalled steam and Dishonored, which I bought but had never gotten past the prologue of.

Good Lord is that fun. I've just reached the point where... I was saying to myself "well, that was short" then there was a wonderful plot twist. So don't go spoilin' it.

I'm going perfectly nonlethal the whole way through. It's a little easier than I expected. But that's okay. My next playthrough I'm going to kill EVERYthing.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #1842
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Just finished Dead Island on Sunday and picked up Lego Batman 2 for a whopping $16!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #1843
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (1)
Army (Served With Honor)
rooneymurph is on a distinguished road

Gotta hop in on this after seeing there was a thread for it!

Unless specified, presume everything I'm playing is for the PS3.

As of late, it's been all about Injustice. Quite possibly one of the best fighting games out there -- absolutely loving that. Both story mode and multiplayer is worth it; a solid investment.

Redbox'ed Bioshock Infinite and spent an overnight beating it. (Well, not overnight, just most of an afternoon, evening, and late night hours.) Liked it, didn't LOVE it.

Still chugging through Kingdoms of Amalur, which satisfies my jones for fantasy games, given that I sold my copy of Skyrim back when Bethesda wasn't going to release DLC for the PS3.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #1844
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooneymurph View Post

As of late, it's been all about Injustice. Quite possibly one of the best fighting games out there -- absolutely loving that. Both story mode and multiplayer is worth it; a solid investment.

Redbox'ed Bioshock Infinite and spent an overnight beating it. (Well, not overnight, just most of an afternoon, evening, and late night hours.) Liked it, didn't LOVE it.
Not a fighter fan, but what I have seen of this really looks good, last fighter I played was probably Tekken 3

I have heard that about Bioshock, shame really because i loved the 1st 2....oh bring on Saints Row and GTA
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #1845
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

The single thing I'm jealous of you console gamers for is the ability to rent and sell used games.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #1846
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Went back to playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 recently, $6.00 for a used copy
Gotta love terrorist hunt!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1847
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Went back to playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 recently, $6.00 for a used copy
Gotta love terrorist hunt!
Helly yeah! I'm excited about the new one, but I doubt I will buy on release day.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #1848
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Still chugging through Kingdoms of Amalur, which satisfies my jones for fantasy games, given that I sold my copy of Skyrim back when Bethesda wasn't going to release DLC for the PS3.
I picked up Injustice for Xbox 360, I hate the 360 controller for fighting games though so it went back a couple days later.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #1849
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Not a fighter fan, but what I have seen of this really looks good, last fighter I played was probably Tekken 3

I have heard that about Bioshock, shame really because i loved the 1st 2....oh bring on Saints Row and GTA
Injustice is essentially the same engine as Mortal Kombat; the story line is sweet in that you're not playing one character all the way through. You switch up, which makes the story more intelligent (although you obviously have to suspend disbelief).

GTA V's preordered already (!) and I just watched the footage from E3 yesterday at work (TV's in the restaurant) of Saints Row 4. Holy cripes. Battlefield also looked sick -- I'm not very good at it, but they demo'ed (live) a 64-person multiplayer match with all players on the stage at once. It was SWEET.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #1850
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

Army (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
I picked up Injustice for Xbox 360, I hate the 360 controller for fighting games though so it went back a couple days later.
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the controller for the PS3 for fighting games! The analog stick doesn't want to do what I want it to -- it makes me long for the old school "stand up arcade" version.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #1851
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

I'm thinking about ditching the Xbox (after 5 committed years) and switching to PS4.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #1852
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

The last "new" game I played was Halo 4. Loved it.

Lately I've gone back to old reliable titles...Just Cause 2 is awesome for just hopping around and wrecking stuff. The dialogue is hilariously cheesy, but the sheer scale of the open environment is amazing.

I also started over on Splinter Cell: Conviction. I've been playing co-op with it for a while and my skills have improved. So I'm trying the campaign on harder settings. Plus it's the last SC game with Ironsides as Sam.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #1853
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

Army (Served With Honor)

Traded in a couple of games for Need For Speed: The Run. I love NFS: Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, and finally decided to snag this. It's different, and harder -- but it's a bit addictive. Definitely glad I snagged it.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #1854
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

Army (Served With Honor)

Reserved "The Walking Dead" (the first one, not the second game with the guys from the actual show) through Redbox.com (which is a great way to save a crapload of money, IMHO). Played Episode 1 so far, and whereas it's not a fast, action-packed game, it's definitely a cool game to check out. I don't want to say too much as it would ruin the surprise and the gameplay for you -- but I recommend renting it if possible.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #1855
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

Army (Served With Honor)

Just returned the rental of The Last Of Us, which has been nothing short of fantastic. After my first time renting it, I was cursing it out. Apparently all I needed was to step away for a day and reconsider my plan of attack in one area.

The soundtrack is fantastic, the voice acting excellent, and it's probably the best "capture" of human interaction I've seen in a game -- less creepy than Heavy Rain. I suggest checking it out.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #1856
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Reserved "The Walking Dead" (the first one, not the second game with the guys from the actual show) through Redbox.com (which is a great way to save a crapload of money, IMHO). Played Episode 1 so far, and whereas it's not a fast, action-packed game, it's definitely a cool game to check out. I don't want to say too much as it would ruin the surprise and the gameplay for you -- but I recommend renting it if possible.
I loved the Walking Dead, check out pages 91 & 92 for my takes on it.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1857
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Anyone getting caught in the fever of the Steam summer sale? I picked up BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider so far. It's making me crazy.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #1858
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Finished the story on Lego Batman 2 the other day, now giving it a break and have been playing Tomb Raider (Highly Recommended)
Old 08-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #1859
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

Army (Served With Honor)

Traded in a few games Tuesday and picked up Ni No Kuni -- not a big JRPG fan, but it got really good reviews so I thought I'd give it a shot. Slow to start, but it's picking up.

Also snagged the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, which has all the DLC -- the DLC makes it COMPLETELY worth it.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #1860
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Civilization 5 has consumed my soul.

Also - nice pickup on Fallout: NV. I have played through that game 3 or 4 times now. Love it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote