Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #21
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation
Default Re: so I recieved a couple of pm's

Sorry to hear you've had a rough few months my friend, but it sounds like you're taking control and taking steps toward shaping a positive future. My thoughts are with you.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck moving forward Ferdie
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Fernando, I am sorry for your current job situation. It's incredibly frustrating to have a bad boss. I'm glad for your own peace of mind that you'll be ending your employment there.

Having gastric bypass surgery is a great decision. The road between here and 100 kilo may be bumpy, but you'll be glad you did it. Congrats. Making choices to improve your life are going to pay big dividends.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

They say the average man will change career paths half a dozen times, so this won't be the last crossroad for you probably.

I firmly believe all things happen for a reason and in the grande scheme of things, they alway seem to work out for the best and make you stronger.

I have a feeling this will be your case.

Never forget, you are too blessed to be stressed.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #25
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad you've decided to get out of a bad situation at work, and take care of yourself personally, Ferd! I hope everything works out the best for ya, and after the surgery you have a quick recovery and enjoy your new body! If you need ANYTHING let us know!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation

Ferdinand, I'm so glad to hear you're taking these steps. Looking forward to seeing a happier, smaller you next time I'm in the Dam
Old 09-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Let the bugging begin Ferdinand
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #28
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Thanks for the update brother... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #29
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
Ferdinand, I'm so glad to hear you're taking these steps. Looking forward to seeing a happier, smaller you next time I'm in the Dam
Good for you Ferdie! Wishing and praying for the best for you, my brother!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #30
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferdie, excited for you with your decisions. Thoughts and prayers your way brother. If you need anything...do not hesitate to let me know.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Sounds as if you are making some changes that will make you much happier, Ferdinand. Best of luck and am looking forward to you being more active here as of the 17th. Thoughts and prayers sent, brother.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #32
Mikhail
Palmetto State Herf Crew.

First Name: Brian
Trading: (3)
ERdM
Mikhail is on a distinguished road

God Speed Ferdinand!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #33
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road

Good for you man! As long as you can make the habitual changes, you have a great chace at long term success! I have a few friends that had it done and only one relapsed simply because she never changed the way she ate - her own fault!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #34
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about

Pullin' for ya over here, Ferdinand! My prophecy is that as hard as it will be to get through things short-term, you will rank these decisions amongst your life's best.

Good luck, my friend!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #35
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Ferdie, I've missed our Skype chats, so I always have a thought in my mind about you!

I'll be on the lookout for your return! My wife and I both enjoyed meeting you in Las Vegas! You were the other bright spot on that trip, just behind my getting to spend a week with my long-lost son!

I look forward to being able to share a cigar and chat with again in the future. You take care of yourself! My thoughts will continue to be with you, along with a few prayers for you to attain your goals!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #36
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Any and all questions you have re: gastric bypass, let me know. I did the Roux-N-Y procedure. 280 lbs. lost later, I never once regret my decision. It was not without complications that I can let you know about but it was still worth it. Please contact me and I will GLADLY answer any questions you have.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #37
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by azherfer View Post
Not to threadjack, but if anyone is considering Gastric Bypass and has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me and ask. I had this done and while I've been successful, there are things that they don't tell you that you need to consider or be aware of in your decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Any and all questions you have re: gastric bypass, let me know. I did the Roux-N-Y procedure. 280 lbs. lost later, I never once regret my decision. It was not without complications that I can let you know about but it was still worth it. Please contact me and I will GLADLY answer any questions you have.

Don - we meet when you were at Dave's (68trishield) home. Like the two posts above I also have had the bypass (mini incision open RYGBP) and am now 200lbs lighter - still have a few (30) pounds to go to hit my goal. I was 420 pounds when I started.

There are a lot of little things that they don't tell you - and some things that you just learn. But I also would be glad to discuss anything about the surgery and my experience. This can be a life changing surgery if you use it correctly because contrary to what most think - it's not a fix. It's simply a tool that you must use for the rest of your life.

And while our brothers in the posts above can tell you what to expect when things go well - I unfortunately can tell you what happens when things go wrong, bad wrong. Not to scare you - but you really have to know. I'm fine now but about a year behind in progress of what others of the same dates are doing.

Actually on reading up I see that Catfish had some complications. Even so as he states, like me - it was still worth it.

Anyway - PM me if you want and we can exchange emails, cell phone, etc etc. I also don't mind telling my story in this thread.

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #38
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Hoping things just get better and better, my friend.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #39
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

thanks for the support guys.

Just got back from the hospital, yet another test, an endoscopy this time. They jam a tube with a camera down your throat which makes you puke and drool like an inmate in an asylum (somehow it felt familiar ). This won't be my new hobby, god, I hated it. Next stop: x-ray's of my stomach.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #40
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough

Good luck with this long term project, thoughts sent, Healt is a priority in this crazy world as it is Today and usualy the rest settle around it.

Frenchie