Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default the "Rocket"....NOT GUILTY

BREAKING NEWS

Former MLB pitcher Roger Clemens has been found not guilty on federal charges of perjury regarding his suspected use of steroids or human growth hormone.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
mase
Undead Recruiter

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
mase will become famous soon enoughmase will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the "Rocket"....NOT GUILTY

I thought for sure he was going to be convicted.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time. Good for the Rocket, I love that big douchebag.
Almost makes me wish our government would have just saved the millions of dollars wasted jerking him around.
And yeah, of course he did it. Which makes it all that much more ridiculous and wasteful. I could have spent that money on drugs and toothless hookers, and at least someone would have gotten something positive out of it.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mase View Post
I thought for sure he was going to be convicted.

But I guess it's good news for him, and for others with Hall Of Fame aspirations, like Bonds and A-Rod.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Jon11
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Jon11 is on a distinguished road

He was indicted in 2007 when the country was going into an economic crisis. They figured it would be a good idea to try to convict a baseball player. What a huge waste of time and money over the last 5 years, I'm glad he was found not guilty....too much government. This was a MLB problem not a government problem.
Jon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I could have spent that money on drugs and toothless hookers, and at least someone would have gotten something positive out of it.
Herpes?
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
area51
Blowing Smoke Rings

First Name: Ken
Trading: (3)
Bolivar Army (Active)
area51 has a spectacular aura aboutarea51 has a spectacular aura about

Didn't see that one coming.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Government gets egg on their face yet again with another steroids case.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Clemens definitely proved himself to be an @$$hole during all of this, but being an @$$hole doesn't mean you need to go to prison. Maybe now the government will stop intervening in baseball altogether.

Clemens and Bonds deserve an award for all of this, whether they are guilty or not. I know that political discussion is not welcome here, but if Ron Paul had anything to do with this, then baseball players never would have been on trial.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJarv View Post
Herpes?
That'd be the perfect segue to the asspounding the American public took on all this nonsense. Next week we'll probably spend a quarter of a billion dollars investigating skidmarks in Oprah's skivvies.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That'd be the perfect segue to the asspounding the American public took on all this nonsense. Next week we'll probably spend a quarter of a billion dollars investigating skidmarks in Oprah's skivvies.
I'd believe that the way gov't has worked so far lately...

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I still doubt he ever gets into the HOF
Old 06-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #13
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Then after the investigation they'll come to find out that Oprah goes commando.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #14
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I still doubt he ever gets into the HOF
Which is a shame, because if there's two people that deserve to be in, it's Bonds and Clemens. Two of the best players of this generation.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Then after the investigation they'll come to find out that Oprah goes commando.
Exactly. And come to find out that nobody even bothered to ask her.
Honestly, I love the Rocket. He's a lovable asshole. He embraces being what he is and doesn't offer up any excuses for it.
Bonds is a woman-beating self-important shoe scraping, always was. Juice or no juice, I've never understood why taxpayer money is chasing them. It's just so silly it boggles me. It makes sense if MLB was up in his business, or the cops, but the federal government probably has more important fish to fry. Or I certainly hope they would. Apparently they do not.

This should just about wrap things up, Yes? I think Bonds is done as well, or is he still under investigation? Anyone else?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #16
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Honestly, I love the Rocket. He's a lovable asshole. He embraces being what he is and doesn't offer up any excuses for it.
Bonds is a woman-beating self-important shoe scraping, always was. Juice or no juice, I've never understood why taxpayer money is chasing them. It's just so silly it boggles me. It makes sense if MLB was up in his business, or the cops, but the federal government probably has more important fish to fry. Or I certainly hope they would. Apparently they do not.

This should just about wrap things up, Yes? I think Bonds is done as well, or is he still under investigation? Anyone else?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #17
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:

Congress doesn't like being lied to, especially under oath, particularly in such a vehement fashion as Clemens did. He essentially gave Congress and the American people the finger and dared them to do something about it. I hope it cost him a ton of money as well as the HOF.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It's about time. Good for the Rocket, I love that big douchebag.
Almost makes me wish our government would have just saved the millions of dollars wasted jerking him around.
Govt had no business go after anyone over PED's. Pro sports are private enterprizes and that's that.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #19
mash
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (2)
mash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Congress doesn't like being lied to, especially under oath, particularly in such a vehement fashion as Clemens did. He essentially gave Congress and the American people the finger and dared them to do something about it. I hope it cost him a ton of money as well as the HOF.
I think they were just jealous someone was better at it.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Bonds, McGwire, Clemens in baseball, Armstrong in cycling, Lord knows how many in football...the governing bodies need to take care of it, not the government. Bunch of egomaniacs on both sides. I understand about being the best, but if you can't be the beat without help, then maybe you need to find something you can be the best at.

I think this cost him his HOF shot.