Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #21
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Junior Seau Found Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Yup, very sad indeed. Studies are showing that multiple concussions lead to a much higher risk of suicide. Great player and well respected in New England. RIP
+1. I remember when the Bengals WR Chris Henry died they did tests on him and it showed brain damage. Here is the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5333971
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #22
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
What an awful story. Take time to read the link, guys.
Normally I consider suicide a hugely selfish act. Depression is part of the CTE that he likely suffered from. Add all the other symptoms and he probably didn't have a clue what he was doing or why. If only his doctors and family could have helped him. In this case, he chose suicide but did it in a fashion so the post-mortem would help others.
I truly feel sad for him. He was a good man, and his Seau foundation helped so many kids. I hope his legacy will live on.
X2 on the view of suicide normally. Depression is a b1tch, and when compounded by likely CTE, it's even worse. Short essay...depression will rob you of joy from the things that used to make you smile. It will cause you to have no motivation, and you won't know why. You can occasionally put on a happy face for people, but it's not real. The key is getting help. When you're a "tough guy" like he was, the likelihood of getting help drops a lot, because of the view that you're weak when you need help. Just my

That being said, RIP, Mr. Seau.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #23
abanytime
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Andy
Trading: (0)
abanytime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Apparently the gunshot is in the chest, much like Dave Duerson. Dave "reportedly" did this so they could study his brain and the possibly effects from his years in the NFL....wonder if Mr. Seau was thinking the same thing.

Sad day, Seau was a monster on the field and I was big fan, dating back to his USC days....
I think Duerson left specific instructions that they include his brain in the Boston study.

I have to think with the other injuries he played through, Seau played through multiple concussions.
abanytime is offline   Reply With Quote