Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough
Default Sunday Tix, Woot!

Wow, DirecTV is actually LOWERING prices for the Sunday Ticket this year, and by a lot! (that probably means they'll raise prices to $400 next year! LOL)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ure-users.html

DirecTV (DTV), trying to broaden its audience, is cutting the price of its Sunday football package by about 40 percent for existing customers and offering it free to new customers for a year.

The largest U.S. satellite-TV provider said today it is dropping the price for the NFL Sunday Ticket package, which gives users access to all regular season National Football League out-of-market broadcasts, to $199.95 from about $325. Customers that also want access to the games on mobile devices will pay $299.95.
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sunday Tix, Woot!

still way to much.

I'd rather go to a sports bar and put some of that money towards a beer and wings then watch the game for free.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
still way to much.

I'd rather go to a sports bar and put some of that money towards a beer and wings then watch the game for free.
If you do that for 16 weeks, don't you think you can buy your own beer and wings, watch the game at home and save money? You need to take the gas money, time and convenience of staying at home into consideration as well.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
If you do that for 16 weeks, don't you think you can buy your own beer and wings, watch the game at home and save money? You need to take the gas money, time and convenience of staying at home into consideration as well.
considering the bar is a half of a block from me.........no gas money but for you others maby some fuel is required. I doubt most of you would have to drive more than 5 miles to the nearest sports bar though.

As far as saving money by staying home..............you already paid the $200.00 for the football and then you have to add the wings and beer in there too. So your actually spending more by staying home.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Sorry Ryan, I didn't mean to be a buzz kill. If thats what you like, then more power to you. To each their own right?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Sorry Ryan, I didn't mean to be a buzz kill. If thats what you like, then more power to you. To each their own right?
Exactly, there is no right or wrong here, just preference. For me, there's no way it's cheaper to go to the bar. Been there, done that. No way I'm getting out of a bar with just a beer or two and wings watching football!?! LOL

When I lived in Hawaii, I was at the bar for the 7am games EVERY week. Sure as hell glad I can watch in the comforts of my own home now!!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
Exactly, there is no right or wrong here, just preference. For me, there's no way it's cheaper to go to the bar. Been there, done that. No way I'm getting out of a bar with just a beer or two and wings watching football!?! LOL

When I lived in Hawaii, I was at the bar for the 7am games EVERY week. Sure as hell glad I can watch in the comforts of my own home now!!
Yea, if your there watching games all day then I could definitely see how your saving money by watching at home.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
still way to much.

I'm with ya on this, Josh. Not to drag anyone down who's excited about the price drop, but football only lasts so long. You can get an entire MLB package (162 games a year for each team) for about $100.
Say what you want about baseball, but 10 times the coverage for half the price. NFL is a rip-off. I'm an NFL fan, but that's price gouging, even with the discount.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

Sounds like football at Ryan's House this year...
Old 04-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
Sounds like football at Ryan's House this year...
Now that would be a great way to justify the price!
Purchase, invite friends over, and if you can't afford it, treat it like pay-per-view. Charge admission at the door. That's how we used to work WWF pay-per-views back in high school. Each of us would take turns purchasing events, and the rest of us would throw in five dollars at the door.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

I have baseball and football tickets. I really like the baseball ticket. Every year I think about canceling the football, but I like having it too.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Say what you want about baseball, but 10 times the coverage for half the price. NFL is a rip-off. I'm an NFL fan, but that's price gouging, even with the discount.
Yeah, no joke. Why buy one 16 oz. KC Strip when you can buy 10 packages of Bar-S hot dogs?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I knew I was gonna hear it from the baseball haters.

Insert quote here.