Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Fire Robusto

Another bomb stick. The decent weather continues, 2 cigars in 2 days! I understand that this line is a limited release from Rocky Patel only available to certain vendors, so it was great to get a chance to try one.

Humidor time: This stick has been sitting in my humi for about a month.

Prelight: The wrapper looks decent. Prelight draw is easy, no easily identifiable flavors . The band is orange, yellow and red.

Burn: This cigar burned ok. It needed slight touchups a couple of times, but no serious issues. Total burn time was about an hour and 10 minutes.

Flavor: Flavor was decent, very smooth and creamy with hints of pepper throughout, not what I was expecting based on the name.

Summary: I guess with a name like Fire, I was expecting a full-bodied cigar with spice that kicked your teeth in. This was an enjoyable smoke, just not what I anticipated. I'll keep my eye out for more of these.

Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
karmaz00
Habanos

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Partagas
karmaz00 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fire Corona

hmmm.thanks for sharing
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
adampc22

looks and sounds nice
Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I like these sticks. Thanks for the review.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Try the toros, that will take care of any hotness that you might have experienced in the smaller cigar and will give you a fuller flavor with a little more kick. In addition, let them rest for a couple of months before smoking and dry box. This will even out the flavor and take care of a known hard draw problem with these cigars. One good source for these is cheapercigars.com.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Try the toros, that will take care of any hotness that you might have experienced in the smaller cigar and will give you a fuller flavor with a little more kick. In addition, let them rest for a couple of months before smoking and dry box. This will even out the flavor and take care of a known hard draw problem with these cigars. One good source for these is cheapercigars.com.
Actually this stick didn't burn hot at all or have any draw problems (my humi is at 65%), but I'll try the toro. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
Coz77
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Coz77 is on a distinguished road

Jeff if this is the one I bombed you with it was the Robusto (5X50). Im glad to see they have mellowed out a bit. The 1st one I had from the batch tasted young and very bitter. Looks like they might be ready to spark up again.

Thanks for the review.
Coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks for the review and I have enjoyed a few of the toros.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz77 View Post
Jeff if this is the one I bombed you with it was the Robusto (5X50).
Ah, dammit. My last review was a Corona, and my fingers must have been on auto-pilot. I'll see if I can get one of the Team to fix it, since I'm outside my edit window.

Quote:
Im glad to see they have mellowed out a bit. The 1st one I had from the batch tasted young and very bitter. Looks like they might be ready to spark up again.
Yeah, it was very smooth. I was just kind of surprised, like I said in the review. Kind of like expecting food to be salty and getting sweet, ya know?