Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Legend

Default graycliff 1666

The 1666. Not exactly the flagship of graycliff.

Graycliff is typically very good and very expensive. This guy is neither. Not that it is not a good cigar. Its toasty and med to full in strength. Well constructed and slightly rough through the nose. And completely unremarkable. I think I've had this same cigar made by about 10 other makers. In reading what I've put so far it sounds like I don't like this stick. I do. I think I just expect more. I give it a 3.2 on the legend scale its a good smoke. But I think unremarkable says it best. Not bad just very common.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
michael88n
Finger Sniffer

First Name: Michael
Trading: (3)
Punch Army (Retired)
michael88n is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend - graycliff 1666

Legend,
I know what you mean. While the 1666 is a good smoke, it didn't live up to the hype. But, if offered, I certainly wouldn't turn one down.

Cheers,
Michael

Also, I dig your rating system. I totally agree with, "When I hear of another 90+ rating from CA I no longer take notice." I also think the system is de-valued.
michael88n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael88n View Post
Legend,
I know what you mean. While the 1666 is a good smoke, it didn't live up to the hype. But, if offered, I certainly wouldn't turn one down.

Cheers,
Michael

Also, I dig your rating system. I totally agree with, "When I hear of another 90+ rating from CA I no longer take notice." I also think the system is de-valued.
Thanks for the props.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Boobar
Rubber Room Wall Bouncer

First Name: Bob
Trading: (37)
Boobar is on a distinguished road

I had higher hopes for these. I bought a 5-pack from CI through their 5-pack madness sale and I haven't had a chance to try one yet. Reguardless I am still eager to blaze one up.

Thanks for the review.