Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #41
AllOGistics

Default Re: Job Site Sticks.

I'm really enjoying these posts. I never saw it as bragging but someone enjoying a good cigar. I look forward to the next one! Thanks for the thread Michael.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #42
adampc22

sitting in your car wile thos poor lads work in the rain shame on you lolololololol just kiding
Old 04-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #43
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road

Didn't mean any disrespect... The Champagne anniversary (I still have them under the old name) is also one of my work and car sticks. I also feel if your going to smoke one it might as well be an enjoyable one. Good luck on the cabinet conversion, show us some pics.....
Old 04-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #44
flat6nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC View Post
Didn't mean any disrespect... The Champagne anniversary (I still have them under the old name) is also one of my work and car sticks. I also feel if your going to smoke one it might as well be an enjoyable one. Good luck on the cabinet conversion, show us some pics.....

Not for a second did I think you were disrespectful. Most of my smokes are ones that I have read good reviews on from this site and others.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #45
flat6nut

I am falling behind again. Monday was a terrible day for cigars. I tried two reccomended sticks and was completely discusted with both. I made up for it on Tuesday, and again today. I will try and load up the pics tonight.

Michael
Old 04-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #46
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Enjoying your posts Michael, keep em coming.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #47
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Old 04-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #48
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Great pics! Looks like you will need a front loader to remove the sand and dirt from the floor boards of your truck.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #49
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

This thread has got me reminiscing of years past at work before the smoking ban . Heard some pretty good concerts like Pearl Jam , the Rolling Stones and CSNY to name a few . Ah the good old days , maybe again someday . Keep up the good work . Have a good one for the rest of the banned BOTL at work .
Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #50
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Thanks for starting and putting pics in this thread. Now if only I could smoke at work and get away with it.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #51
mikeandshellie2
Feeling at Home

First Name: Shellie
Trading: (72)
Cohiba
mikeandshellie2 has a spectacular aura aboutmikeandshellie2 has a spectacular aura about

First time I saw this thread.. Throughly enjoying reading it, keep up the great work!!
Shellie
mikeandshellie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #52
Roland of Gilead

Great thread and pics!

Keep it goin'!

-Mark.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #53
rlaliberty

Awesome thread. Glad I stumbled in.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #54
BC-Axeman

Gotta love that nose!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #55
flat6nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
Gotta love that nose!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #56
flat6nut

Monday (4-27-09), was not the best cigar day for me. The first stick I fired up was one given to me by a co-worker. Flor de Oliva The first thing that I noticed was the cheap (to me) plastic band. The stick itself looked nice enough for being a budget cigar. I think he told me he paid less than $2 for it.

Meh, if this is the best that $2 can buy...you can keep it.

My after lunch smoke was going to be one I had just purchased from a local B&M. There was a guy there enjoying a cigar on his break with the owner. He said he was unsure of my cigar budget, but he loved these things. Tatuaje, I am guessing this is a Tat that everyone raves about on the forums...

All I can say is that I have never been so dissapointed in a cigar as I was this one. It tasted to me like I think the Optimo in the plastic tube (thats been in my kitchen junk drawer for over 10 years) would taste. Sorry if I offend anyone here, but this thing just tasted stale.

Mason's plans...

Michael
Old 05-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #57
flat6nut

Since I had such a bad day with smokes on Monday, I left the house Tuesday with two sticks that would surely make my day better than the last.

(4-28-09). My morning smoke was a stick I smoke alot of. I usually smoke 2 of these things a week. Monte Cristo, White These things never let me down with their quality and flavor. If there ever was a nutty taste to a cigar, this is the one that has it. Creamy and medium flavored, with a bit of pepper as you get into it.

If you are a fan of mild to medium cigars, you can not go worng with an MC White. They are not the cheapest cigar in the store, but they wont break the bank either. I usually pay $9 for them, but have seen some stores charge as much as $11.

My after lunch smoke was also a cigar that I smoke alot of, and I do mean alot. Oliva, V I really like every single cigar that Oliva offers, and this includes the Nubs.

Michael
Old 05-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #58
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Wow. Sorry to hear you did not like the Tatuaje Unicos. That is one of my favs (have 2 boxes resting in the humi still).

I've never tried the Flor de Oliva. The B&M I frequent gets those in great numbers, and the regulars blow through them quickly. Great budget stick, they say. I don't smoke enough to worry about my budget that much.

Really enjoying this thread.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #59
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

You said you did not like the Flor de Oliva gifted by your friend.Same guy makes the cigar in your last picture

I will agree on the MCW and V.Both are very consistent performers.
The Whites I find similar to Ashton Cabinet.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #60
flat6nut

Wednesday (4-29-09) was a very busy day, but I did manage to get some time to enjoy one of these. Rocky Patel, Decade This had been in my humi for about 2 months. A friend had told me these were a very good smoke...so I bought one...and I will again.

I am not the best person to describe cigar flavors, and here it is Sunday and I am trying to remember what this thing tasted like 4 days ago...well it had to be good enough to nub it.

Michael