Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Serino Elenor Rose Revolver

https://www.smokingpipes.com/cigars/...duct_id=475074

So, I got this one in a sampler and was intrigued immediately due to the aged tobacco used. The tobacco's are aged 7 years. I mean it could all be hype but it still makes me want to try it and see. I'm expecting a rather smooth and mild cigar. I got these in a cigars daily sampler a few weeks ago. So, let's review it and see hoe this smokes!

Wrapper: A beautiful milk chocolate wrapper that is buttery smooth with some vein showing, a single capped almost smooshed pigtail

Pre-light/Draw: Pre-light aromas are barnyard and hay, Draw is a little loose, not too loose though

nuttiness, finish is very smooth, nutmeg, toastiness, very mild to start, hay/grass, vanilla, mild coffee, woodiness, Smoke is really coming off this, Early on the flavors are hard to come by, it’s just like drinking a glass of whole milk. Just very smooth, no pepper to speak of,

more nuttiness, just pure smoothness not a lot of flavors, wood, vanilla hints, mild hints of coffee, very smooth finish, some baking spices, some caramel, sweet tobacco, a very faint amount of white pepper and earth,

Flavors are coming through a little more now, Nuttiness, white pepper, earthiness, vanilla, baking spices, coffee, I wish this cigar started this way instead of ending it this way, some spice, still has a very smooth finish, woodiness,

Ash/Burn: Ash was packed well with no shedding salt and pepper grey. The burn while not razor crisp required no touching up.

Final Thoughts: It's hard for me to write about this cigar with tobacco aged 7 years. When you age tobacco that long a lot of the flavors settle down and sometimes it's to the detriment of the cigar. Things like spice and pepper get lost but this cigar is a pure example of what a smooth cigar should be. Personally i like when cigars have a lot of flavors punching me in the face but that's just personal preference. If you love smooth, mild cigars then this cigar is for you otherwise you may want to avoid this one. It wasn't a bad experience just a rather boring one. If I wasn't reviewing this cigar i would've quit smoking it halfway through. I can't recommend you go out and spend money on this cigar unless you love nothing but smooth, mild cigars. Other than that I hope you enjoyed my little review and have a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 03-11-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Serino Elenor Rose Revolver

I truly enjoy it cigar that has flavors that are punching you in the face, dancing and flitting from one thing to another, but to be able to sit and enjoy a cigar...having contemplate what I'm smoking and tasting, that's a great cigar to start the day when the pallet is fresh and clean.

This intrigues me, another cigar to put on the list.

Thanks for the review Jason!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Serino Elenor Rose Revolver

Awesome review. I am excited to smoke mine.