Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-06-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Florida Sun Grown - Farm Roll

https://www.coronacigar.com/FSG-History/4504/
these are made by drew estates. i purchased a few mostly out of Florida pride being born here. Honestly i was expecting more gimmick than substance. Boy, was i wrong. I had a cat puking emergency while smoking early on so i had to ash and relight afterwards. This cigar was SMOOTH in a word with lots of substance. I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by it. So here's my review:

coffee, chocolate, cherry, raisin, wood, creamy, caramel

had a cat puking emergency so i had to clean it up and then relit and continued.

creamy, milk chocolate, caramel, woodiness, dark cherry, toffee, pepper, coffee with cream, earthiness,

very creamy, smooth, coffee, pepper, milk chocolate, wood tones, earthiness, raisins, caramel, tea, kola nut, cocaine (to see if you’re paying attention), salt

Draw was perfect

ash was a little limp for my taste but i can't complain for how much i enjoyed it

Finish: this reminded me of a Cohiba Behike 52 in flavor. Minus a little of the power but all the flavors were right there. This may be a problem for me. At $10 a cigar they are not cheap to say the least but they're worth the try for certain. Get the gimmick out of your head and give one a try sometime and i hope you enjoy it as much as i did. God bless you all!
Old 12-07-2021, 08:21 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Florida Sun Grown - Farm Roll

Great review, Jason. Hope the cat is ok!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:30 AM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Good review, going to have to add this to my "To try" list.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:06 AM   #4
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Nice! Need to try the FSG's.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Smoked another one today and had another great experience. I smoked it until my fingers burned. Another very earthy, chocolatey, creamy, caramelly cigar that again reminded me a bit of the cohiba behike even though it's been years since i smoked one it still lingers in my brain. Either way check them out for yourself. The one i'm smoking isn't by drew estates as i said in the original post. Check out the website and you'll see the farm rolled ones. Have a blessed day!
Old 12-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post

Smoked another one today and had another great experience. I smoked it until my fingers burned. Another very earthy, chocolatey, creamy, caramelly cigar that again reminded me a bit of the cohiba behike even though it's been years since i smoked one it still lingers in my brain. Either way check them out for yourself. The one i'm smoking isn't by drew estates as i said in the original post. Check out the website and you'll see the farm rolled ones. Have a blessed day!
Maybe They're Sold Out??? Will Try Them When They're Back In Stock!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:11 PM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Maybe They're Sold Out??? Will Try Them When They're Back In Stock!
https://www.coronacigar.com/product/...Cigar-FSG01FR/

gotcha covered
Old 12-20-2021, 06:03 AM   #8
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Bought Some Of Each! Thanks!
Old 03-10-2022, 09:09 PM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Smoked One This Evening! Delicious!
Old 03-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #10
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

man you had me at cocaine
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #11
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

what size is the one in the first pic? beautiful wrapper!
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:41 AM   #12
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

It's just called farm rolled at corona cigar but it's like a lancero sized cigar with a shaggy foot