Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-05-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default UR NY Back2Back - Nicaragua robusto

https://www.2guyscigars.com/back2back-cigars

I got these in a sampler pack a while ago looking for new things to try and get more review material. This cigar is a joint project with some graffiti artist based in NY. The only part the artist provided was the foot band as far as i can see. I smoked the Connecticut leaf version and didn't find it to be all that interesting so hopefully this nicaraguan version will be slightly better for me. So without any delay let's start the review!

Wrapper: Slightly dark milk chocolate wrapper, slightly toothy with some small veins, triple capped

Draw: draw is a little loose, chocolate notes right away

deep chocolate notes right away, earthiness/soil, coffee, finish is creamy, starting off this is very pleasant and flavorful, has a slight fragrant soap quality to it, white pepper, roasted almonds, some leather, a little salt,

this cigar is a chocolate BOMB, deep earthiness, leather, still has the fragrant soap flavor, More roasted almonds, campfire, burnt marshmallow, pepper, some spice, A little salt, coffee, a little bit of cayenne at the end of the 2/3rd

More deep chocolate, flavors are very consistent throughout, earthiness, pepper, roasted almonds, vanilla, leather, fragrant soap, definitely has a mineral quality to it, toastiness,

Ash/Burn: Ash was white and packed well with little shedding, Burn was fairly even throughout.

Final Thoughts: So, this cigar was a chocolate BOMB! I was pleasantly surprised by this cigar. The Connecticut version wasn't all that memorable to me but this was was nice. It had a lot of earthiness and spiciness to it and a really nice creamy finish. It turned out to be better than it has any right to be. I still don't know too much about the brand beyond the flavor text but I like the cigar and I liked the size for what it is. I would say go out and get a 5 pack if you love flavorful chocolate bomb cigars. I don't care for the other size offerings of this cigar so the robusto seems perfect for me. So that's my recommendation here and I hope you enjoyed my little review today. God bless you all!

Note: Forgot to get a picture but the humindimeter has this cigar at 64% so ready to smoke