Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Halliburton Cases

Just a quick question to those of you that use them, did you buy the "official" cigar case, the Diplomat or Ambassador, or are you using one of their less expensive cases with your own foam trays for cigars or just pack them with cigars in finger bags?

Second quick question, do all of their cases have the rubber seal?

Thanks!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:53 AM   #2
bighairlogo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (34)
RA
bighairlogo will become famous soon enoughbighairlogo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Halliburton Cases

I know some of their luggage cases do not have a rubber seal

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
bighairlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

The 100C and the Ambassador are the exact same shell. Both have the gasket.

I have the 100C and just use bags, it's not as organized, but I can get 45-50 cigars in there + accoutrements vs 30 in three trays of 10. Trays vs bags is kind of a cello on/off debate, everyone has their own preference and method.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Can I put my in here, Adam, without offending anyone? Aside from my cigar obsession, I worked in a camera shop for 8 1/2 years. IMHO, a Halliburton case is great for expensive camera bodies and lenses, but a bit of overkill for cigars. Yeah, they are classy and cool, but I think that, for a lower price, one would be better served with a Pelican. They are less susceptible to damage (you can't ding 'em when you drop it in the parking lot when leaving a herf drunk on your @$$), and are about as weatherproof as a submarine.

As I said, just my , and worth every penny.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
T.G
Grrrrrr

Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

They're both good cases. I used a pelican case for many years before switching to the Halli. I personally prefer the lack of unnecessary bulk that the Halli offers.

I've also herfed with guys who always show up carrying hundreds of bucks, if not more, worth of cigars in a one gallon ziplock bag, so, it's really all about what you prefer and feel comfortable with.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
They're both good cases. I used a pelican case for many years before switching to the Halli. I personally prefer the lack of unnecessary bulk that the Halli offers.

I've also herfed with guys who always show up carrying hundreds of bucks, if not more, worth of cigars in a one gallon ziplock bag, so, it's really all about what you prefer and feel comfortable with.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post

As long as he doesn't carry the pastries in a ziplock bag

Thanks the the input all and yes the big herfador case is a bit much to hall around and I do have smaller but have been looking at the Hallis more lately,
ther camera gun cases are quite a bit cheaper than the cigar cases and I use
finger bags as well anyway.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote