Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Just booked a cruise from Tampa - Join Us

I just booked a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Inspiration departing April 6. It goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. My wife and I did the same one last year and really enjoyed it.

If any of you can join us we would love the company...
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just booked a cruise from Tampa - Join Us

Cozumel and Grand Caymen are a lot of fun, skip the excursions and enjoy the sites, and the LCDH in GC

I would love to go, but it'll be next year before I get a vacation
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I just booked a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Inspiration departing April 6. It goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. My wife and I did the same one last year and really enjoyed it.

If any of you can join us we would love the company...

How much?
Partagaspete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
Cozumel and Grand Caymen are a lot of fun, skip the excursions and enjoy the sites, and the LCDH in GC

I would love to go, but it'll be next year before I get a vacation
Yep... I am long past doing the excursions!!! Some cruises we never leave the ship.

Last year the ship had a mechanical problem and we didn't get to go to Grand Cayman. I am definitely looking forward to visiting the LCDH this time
Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
Cigary

Departure Date Inside Outside Suite
cruise infoApril 6 649 USD 749 USD 1199 USD

This is thru BestPriceCruises.com,,,,I use this site quite a bit for my cruising. Have been on this ship and cruise before,,you will enjoy it.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Rockestone
Anythings Possible

First Name: Greg
Trading: (5)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Rockestone will become famous soon enoughRockestone will become famous soon enough

I've been on that same cruise. Had a great time. While in Tampa head down to Ybor City and check out their cigars.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post

This is thru BestPriceCruises.com,,,,I use this site quite a bit for my cruising. Have been on this ship and cruise before,,you will enjoy it.
Do those prices include food?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:

Thanks... I didn't see Partagas Pete's question until now.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Haven't been on a cruise in a long time, but usually lots and lots of food.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Lol,,,you bet it does,,all you can eat 24 hours a day and trust me, when it came to dinner time and the menu they give you,,if it had 4 entrees,,,I ordered every friggin one! Now, what you don't get for free is your drinks,,,like colas, mixed drinks but you do get tea and coffee, juices. BYOB when you get into the ports,,smuggle it on anyway you can.
PM me for any other questions,,,I have been cruising for 20 years and have cruised them all.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Would love to come, but I'm a little tapped from booking our trip to Punta Cana in the middle of march
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
Sailchaser
Black Ops-SOB

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
HUpmann CoastGuard
Sailchaser has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockestone View Post
I've been on that same cruise. Had a great time. While in Tampa head down to Ybor City and check out their cigars.

Great spot to stop lot of great BOTL to herf with you down in that area
Old 01-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Do those prices include airfare? I would assume not, but never been on a cruise so I don't know.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Give me a shout when you are closer to your cruising date. I live in Cancun but am in both Cozumel and Cayman quite a bit for work. I second the remark about the LCDH in Cayman, it has got to be the nicest one around.
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #15
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Do those prices include airfare? I would assume not, but never been on a cruise so I don't know.
Usually you might be better off doing your own airfare and if you belong to any of the airlines clubs you get points. My wife and I travel quite a bit which means airline points add up and we get free airfare. Everyone must play this game, if your credit card doesn't give you points for purchases, get another card. Everytime we use ours for anything, we get points and sometimes multiples depending if we rent cars, stay at hotels we might even get double and triple. Sometimes the cruise lines or Cruise sites will discount the A/F for your cruise you want to go on. There is a way to play this game and get the best price for the cruise you want,,,it pays to have the right info or else you might end up paying twice the amount somebody else did. We have cruised about 20-25 times and people always compare their rates,,,not once have I been beat when it comes to a cruise except for the first 3 times and I was pissed. Our last cruise: 17night Transatlantic cruise from Italy to the US,,,in a suite ( amazing room,,400 sq. feet with its own seperate master and living and balcony,,we flew from San Diego to Rome all for $5200,,,for both of us including taxes. I defy anyone to beat that!

Aside from that, cruising is probably the best type of vacation you can take for the money. Where else can you get a decent room that is cleaned 2-3 times a day,,,eat 24 hours a day,,,all for about $50 a day if you travel with another person,,bring your G/F, wife, mistress,,,buddy. Pick a ship that lets you smoke your cigars,,,amazing jazz bands on some boats while you have your cigars. When you stop at the ports take your time and visit the port on your own. You can rent a two seater mini car, or scooter for like $45 and see what YOU want to, not some crappy bus that only stops at places that suck. They have liquor stores in the Carribean that charge $7-$12 for the best liquor you can buy in the states that cost anywhere from $30 up to $50.

I could go on and on but you get the idea,,PM if you have questions for shortcuts, websites for great deals, etc.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I could go on and on but you get the idea,,PM if you have questions for shortcuts, websites for great deals, etc.
Thanks for all the info. My biggest drawback is that I am not much for being on a boat and not being able to see land in any direction. Kinda freaks me out.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!

Last edited by icehog3; 01-11-2009 at 02:13 AM.
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:09 AM   #17
SmoknTaz
Hiding my Visa bill

First Name: Ken
Trading: (6)
Partagas
SmoknTaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. My biggest drawback is that I am not much for being on a boat and not being able to see land in any direction. Kinds freaks me out.
Yes to everything Gary said and take something for motion sickness especially if you've never been on a cruise. Next to Norwalk motion sickness is the $hits. Oh and pack loose fitting pants, you'll need it.

Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence. (A life sentence!)
SmoknTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #18
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. My biggest drawback is that I am not much for being on a boat and not being able to see land in any direction. Kinda freaks me out.
Unless it's on the northpole and you are surrounded by ice?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #19
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Now, what you don't get for free is your drinks,,,like colas, mixed drinks but you do get tea and coffee, juices. BYOB when you get into the ports,,smuggle it on anyway you can.
We finally figured out and easy way last year to get our liquor on board... They will let you take bottled water on board. So, we bought a couple of 8 packs, I think, of bottle water, poured the water out, filled them with vodka, put the caps back on, and carried them right on board. Easy peasey!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #20
Starchild
SERENITY NOW!

First Name: Andre
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
Starchild will become famous soon enough

I took that same cruise for spring break one year. Actually, we left from Miami and went to Cancun rather than Cozumel. Good times. You guys will enjoy yourselves.
Starchild is offline   Reply With Quote