Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #61
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigar Aficionado..top 10 of 2010...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
If the number #1 cigar is Hammer and Sickle... I don't know, but that might be the worst cigar I've had, no joke.
Big ad spender, does not surprise me!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #62
lyle23

I have smoked quite a few cigars that weren't any good untill the final third. They should rename the list to the top 25 best portions of a cigar. This is like writing a review on a cars handling and performance after driving it in a parking lot. Sounds good but its just incomplete work.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #63
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Remember as well this is only the first third of the cigar. The reviewers don't smoke the entire cigar.
Seriously? Where did you find this info Wayne?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #64
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...3&postcount=42
Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #65
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Yeah, my bad. Should have kept reading. Thanks for the info, I had no idea that's how they did it. And you know, I can have a good feeling if I'm going to like a cigar a half inch into it, but I couldn't tell you how many cigars I'll never buy again because of the way they tasted over the second half of the cigar after starting out pretty damn good.

Whatever, I'm not knocking them nor relying on them for the info. It is what it is.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #66
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

The 25 Best Cigars of the Year 2010
Cohiba Behike BHK 52
1 In 2010, which will likely go down as the year of the Cuban cigar, we smoked many fine Havana-made smokes, from majestic double coronas to bracing robustos, and found the quality of Cuban cigars to be at its best since the mid-1990s. And no cigar from Cuba—or from anywhere else for that matter—impressed our tasting panel as much as the Cohiba Behike BHK 52. This is a classic cigar. The shortish, fat smoke, made with an artful pigtail and clad in gorgeous Colorado wrapper of reddish brown, is a phenomenally rich, delicious smoke that more than lives up to the reputation of cigars with the name Cohiba. It is the finest cigar to come out of Cuba in a long time, and Cigar Aficionado’s top cigar of 2010.

A new cigar that was unveiled in February 2010 at the Habanos Festival in Cuba, the Behike BHK 52 has made its way to markets around the world since its launch in London in May. It is the thinnest in a trio of new sizes, all of which have tidy little pigtail caps and names that include their ring gauges. The Behike BHK 52 is a petit robusto, a size known as a Laguito No. 4 in Cuban cigar factories, and it wowed our tasting panel from the get-go. In a vertical brand tasting in the June 8 Cigar Insider the BHK 52 scored 94 points, the best of a trio that includes the BHK 54 and the very fat BHK 56. The 52 has remained delicious ever since, performing admirably in taste test after taste test as Behikes have sold out in world markets.

Cohiba has long been a marquee name in Cuban cigars. This new smoke has done what no special release Cohiba has done before: win critical acclaim as well as commercial success. The original Cohiba Behike from 2006 was unavailable to nearly all smokers—only 4,000 cigars were released at a price of $400 or more per cigar. The Cohiba Siglo VI Grand Reserva debuted in 2009 at a price of about £85 ($130), with only 75,000 cigars produced. The Behike BHK 52 combines the excitement of those rare Cohibas with a much larger production goal—150,000 in 2011. The Cuban cigar industry will continue to make batches of it every year in the stately El Laguito factory.

Cohiba Behike BHK cigars are made with a portion of filler tobacco known as medio tiempo, a type of sun-grown tobacco leaf that grows at the top of some, but not all tobacco plants. The cigars show great balance even in youth, with a medium to full body, creamy coffee flavors and some earthiness. They show elements of Cuban cigars of old, and should get even better with age—if you can be patient.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #67
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I heard that the Behike 52 was a good stick by some but many others have panned it. I wonder how such a stick can become #1...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #68
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I heard that the Behike 52 was a good stick by some but many others have panned it. I wonder how such a stick can become #1...
The same way that some of the other crap in the Top 25 gets there, Michael....taste is subjective.

(I am not saying the Behike 52 is crap, I haven't had one...I am just saying that I am sure every other cigar on the list is praised by some and panned by others).

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #69
staminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle23 View Post
I have smoked quite a few cigars that weren't any good untill the final third. They should rename the list to the top 25 best portions of a cigar. This is like writing a review on a cars handling and performance after driving it in a parking lot. Sounds good but its just incomplete work.
But if your car can't handle in a parking lot, then why would you buy it? Similarly, I'm not interesting in buying a cigar that has a lousy beginning.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #70
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough

Is anyone really surprised ? BHK 52 at number 1. I think most figured that out about 2 minutes after hearing/reading Cigar Afficianado cream themselves over just the announcement of the release of the cigar.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #71
the nub
Papa Chino

Trading: (2)
LGC
the nub is on a distinguished road

I smoked a Behike and it was top 3 for cigars I smoked the last two years. The others were a VR Farmie double robusto and a personal blend from Don Alejandro.
the nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #72
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

One maduro in the top ten?? Come on man!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #73
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Was waiting for you to notice Mac....
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #74
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #75
DennisP
Come Get It

Trading: (17)
HUpmann
DennisP will become famous soon enoughDennisP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
One maduro in the top ten?? Come on man!!!
No kidding. One too many.
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #76
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
No kidding. One too many.
Watch your mouth!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #77
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Was very surprised to see the Viaje take the number 2 spot. I heard rumors today that the Oro line was being discontinued. Anyone know if this is in fact truth?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #78
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Was very surprised to see the Viaje take the number 2 spot. I heard rumors today that the Oro line was being discontinued. Anyone know if this is in fact truth?
I hope not...I really LOVE the Reserva. Most "slept on" stick of 2010 IMHO.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #79
warren G.
Also a WIS.

First Name: Duy
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
warren G. is on a distinguished road

Did you guys look at the Top 25 list at your b&m? I was in a hurry, so I didn't take a good look at it.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #80
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Its up on the CA website.