Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #741
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0400 (4am). We conducted West Point's adverse weather conference call and with no doubt, it's a "Code Red" resulting from the current blizzard:

http://www.usma.edu/Weather%20Conditions/

http://www.usma.edu/Weather%20Conditions/SnowPolicy.htm

I'll wait till daylight and then get bundled up to clear the vehicles off and shovel out the walk ways and such. It looks to be a nice day to smoke a stogie in the garage / shed and then check out the other neighbors / relatives if they need help as well. I hope everyone has a good week and enjoys a few of your favorites before the New Year is here.......
Old 12-28-2010, 03:59 AM   #742
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Well, I got the driveway, walks, trail around the house, back patio and trail to the shed all shoveled off yesterday as planned. I'm not sure if it was all the snow or that I'm getting older but it whipped my butt. We got roughly 18" to 20" of the fluffy stuff and the drifts are amazing. I might have to invest in a snow blower at the end of this season when they go on sale as this "Global Warning" thing is a bunch of garbage, LOL. Anyway, there are only 4 days left in 2010, enjoy them with a favorite or two or.......
Old 12-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #743
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Eagles lost last night 24 - 14, maybe they should have played it this past Sunday evening during the blizzard. One good thing is that they are definitely locked in for a playoff position by clinching their division. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys.......
Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 AM   #744
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, today is the last work day for the year which means we'll be getting our files and stuff ready for 2011. Today, Army is in the Armed Forces Bowl taking on SMU with a kick-off at 1200 (noon). The game is being played in Dallas / Fort Worth, TX, so the weather shouldn't be a factor. Being that today is Thursday, we'll be meeting up at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for a primo stogie or two and catching up on the world's news. I hope everyone has a good on and enjoys it as well.......
Old 12-31-2010, 07:09 AM   #745
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. It was great to see Army win yesterday over SMU 16 - 14, definitely a great way of finishing up the season. Today there is a number of great Bowl games to watch, I can hardly wait to kick back and enjoy. Well, it's New Years eve and it's time to ready to bring in 2011. I hope everyone has a safe evening and I wish all of you a prosperous 2011.........
Old 01-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #746
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Well, 2011 is finally here and I hope it's another good one for all. Yesterday was filled with Bowl games and today will be no different. I hope everyone has a great day relaxing and enjoying some of their favorites throughout it.......
Old 01-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #747
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Yesterday was a relaxing one filled with Bowl games an comfort foods. Today we have a number of NFL games on but only a few of them matter as the playoff scenario is almost set. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoy.......
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #748
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work as the holidays are over. Well, the NFL playoff picture is set, congrats to those that made it and better luck next year to those that didn't. Here's a quick look at next week's schedule: http://www.nfl.com/

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it......
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 AM   #749
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Well, Stanford was victorious over Virginia Tech last night winning the Orange Bowl trophy with a final score of 40 - 12. Tonight we have the Sugar Bowl on at 2030 (8:30pm) with Ohio State taking on Arkansas that will be televised on ESPN. For the remainder of Bowl games and to see any of the final scores, look here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5168379

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well.......
Old 01-05-2011, 04:00 AM   #750
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on as always. Congrats to Ohio State for the victory last night over Arkansas with a final score of 31-26. There's no Bowl game tonight, tomorrow evening we have the GoDaddy.com Bowl and then Friday evening is the legendary Cotton Bowl. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 AM   #751
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Well, the Northeast has another storm headin' our way in roughly 24 hours. According to NOAA, the Hudson Valley should receive anywhere from 5 to 9 inches of the fluffy stuff: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273
We already have an Adverse Weather Condition Conference call scheduled for tomorrow morning at 0400, but I don't think they'll close West Point down as the brunt of the storm won't hit us until the afternoon. Today being Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening to enjoy a primo cigar or two and watch the GoDaddy.com Bowl with Middle Tennessee taking on Miami of Ohio. If you're in the area and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope you have a great day and enjoy........
Old 01-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #752
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0345 as we had our scheduled Adverse Weather Condition Conference call. With the snow on its way, we have called a "Code White" and closed the the West Point schools. Code White simply means that if you want to take the day off and you have the leave time saved up, stay home. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's with the regular crowd and a few new faces as well. Congrats to Miami of Ohio for defeating Middle Tenn. with a final score of 35 to 21. Tonight we have the AT&T Cotton Bowl with LSU taking on Texas A&M which should be a good matchup. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets the time to enjoy a few of your favorites throughout it........
Old 01-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #753
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, a fresh pot of coffee is on. Well, we ended up with a good six plus inches of snow yesterday shutting down West Point around 1200 (noon). Congrats to LSU for winning last night's Cotton Bowl over Texas A&M with a final score of 41 - 24. Today we have BBVA Compass Bowl with Pittsburgh taking on Kentucky at 1200 (noon) televised on ESPN. Then later on, we have the first NFL playoff game with the Saints taking on the Seahawks followed by the Jets playing the Colts. Both games are on NBC today starting at 1630 (4:30pm) and then the latter at 2000 (8pm). I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 01-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #754
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans are brewin'. A big congrats to the Jets and the Seahawks for winning their playoff games yesterday as well as to Pittsburg for winning their Bowl game. Today we have two more wildcard games on with the Ravens taking on the Chiefs at 1300 (1pm) which will be on CBS and then the Eagles versus the Packers at 1630 (4:30pm) which will be televised on FOX. I'm definitely rooting for the Eagles and I'd like to see the Ravens advance but I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs move ahead as well. Later on this evening, we have another Bowl game on with Nevada taking on Boston College in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl which will be televised at 2100 (9pm) and seen on ESPN. We definitely have a day full of football today so sit back, put your feet up and enjoy........
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #755
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Well, congrats to the Ravens for advancing yesterday but I can't say the same for Michael Vick and my Eagles. I thought Philly was going to pull it out at the end with a winning touch down but as we all know, it was an interception instead. Oh well, there's always next year I say. Congrats to Nevada for the victory over Boston College last night in their Bowl game with a final score of 20 to 13. Tonight is the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game with Oregon taking on Auburn which starts at 2030 (8:30pm) and will be televised on ESPN / ESPN3. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #756
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the pot of joe has been on for a while now. Congrats to Auburn for last night BCS Bowl victory and for being this year's National Champions. The final score was 22 to 19 and I give Oregon their congrats as well for a game well played. Well, we are getting ready for another winter storm coning in this evening. Right now, they are predicting anywhere from 8 to 12 inches depending where you are at in the Hudson Valley. I hope all of you folks that got hit with the white stuff down south are shoveled out and ready for another round coming soon. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys.......
Old 01-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #757
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, we got the snow fall of 8 to 14 inches as they predicted and it's still falling. The entire area schools are all shut down to include the Military Academy. After a while, I'll head outside and start cleaning of the Jeeps, driveway and walk ways. Definitely a good day to smoke a stogie outside afterwards and enjoy the fresh air. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well.......
Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #758
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Snow totals for the past two days here in the Hudson Valley is roughly 10 inches plus. Is wasn't that bad for us as they were expecting plus the snow was light and fluffy. According to NOAA, for the next couple of days the highest temps are in the 20s and the lows are in the single digits:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, being that today is Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening to enjoy a couple of primo stogies and seeing how all the S/BOTL are doing after this past storm. I hope everyone is doing okay and you enjoy it as well.......
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #759
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Morning.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #760
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, we had a good time at Schlesinger's as always enjoying tasty cigars and exchanging the weekly happenings with each other. This weekend we have another 2 days of NFL playoff games and I hope they are exciting as last weekends were. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a couple of your favorites throughout it.......