Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Humidor Build Idea.

I've been hanging onto this picture for a long time. This humi is definately not what we generally look for, and it'd be tough to draft, but it'd look drop-dead sexy full of Cohibas on someone's office desk.
I can do anything with the outside, burl wouldn't be my first choice. A real dark cherry would look nice.
I have no clue what material I'd use for the "straps" on the sides. I'd think string would pile up and cause problems with the lid closing unless I left a lot of dead space on the ends.
The hinging on the cigar holds would be hell to work out, as well.

I'm not sure why I'm insistant on building something like this, it'll take me a week just to reverse engineer it and mock it up to get the mechanics right. It's just been stuck in my crop for a long time.

Please let me know your thoughts on it. Be super critical. I'm hoping you'll all talk me out of it.
Please give me your thoughts on the practicality/impracticality of it, as well. It'll be a very expensive piece that'll probably wait a long, long time for a buyer.
The one upside I can see is that once I work out the mechanics, I can draft it and make it on the CAD in any size, easily and relatively inexpensively. A person could just put the guts in a travel humi, etc. That'd be a practical use that I'd personally enjoy.