Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #821
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, I just checked NOAA for the current weather prediction for the next few days and they are calling for a lot of rain ver the next 2 days. It's looking like we'll be getting a good 3" of rain and knock on wood that I live on a hill top:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, being that it's Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening for a couple of primo stogies and to see how everyone is holding up. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it as well. Stay dry........
Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #822
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Morning Charlie! Rain is on the radar here as well, but meeting up with friends for dinner and a smoke later so it's gonna be a good day regardless of what the weatherman says!
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #823
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's smoking primo stogies and catching up on the local situation and see who is and isn't getting flooded out. Well, the only NASCAR action we have this weekend is the NASCAR Camping World truck race tomorrow afternoon live from Darlington, SC which will be televised on SPEED channel at 1700 (5pm). There is a number of college basketball games and pre-season MLB as well. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it.........

T.G.I.F.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #824
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. I want to start off by saying that we should all say a prayer for those in yesterday path of destruction in Japan and it's going to be a long road of recovery for them. Well, the weekend is here and there's plenty of sports to watch all weekend from NHL, NBA, MLB and NASCAR. I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys.......
Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #825
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good Sunday morning all, the coffee is on and the weather forecast today is mostly sunny with a high of 48 degrees. Definitely going to be outside today doing some yard work and enjoying mother nature. I hope everyone enjoys the day as well and gets the chance to smoke a favorite or two or.......
Old 03-14-2011, 03:58 AM   #826
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. It's gonna take another day or two to get use to the spring ahead time change as it feels like I should have slept another hour or so. Anyway, yesterday was a great day to be outdoors, temps reached the lower 50's and the sun was out. Got a jump on the spring yard clean-up and then enjoyed a fine cigar (La Riqueza #3) afterwards. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it........
Old 03-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #827
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is definitely on. It's nice and quiet this week here at West Point as the Cadets have Spring Break right now, so it's time to do some catch up and get ready for the run to graduation. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #828
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for nearly an hour now. Well, we're only a few days away from Spring and the temps are showing that as we range in the 50s in the day and 30s in the evening with showers off and on:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

We are 15 days from Opening day here at Yankees Stadium and the buzz is definitely in the air. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #829
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Good morning Charlie and what a great day it is....vacation time.
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 AM   #830
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on for a while and it's St. Patty's Day. Being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening for a couple of primo sticks and celebrating the holiday. I hope all of you have a safe one and enjoy it as well.......
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #831
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans coffee in on and kickin'. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger''s as always enjoying top shelf ceegars (My Father Le Bijou 1922s and pre-released Dirty Rats from Jonathan Drew) while watchin' some fast moving college basketball games. There are a number of great games on today as well along with practice and qualifying for the NASCAR racers who are at the fastest short tack out there, Bristol Motor Speedway: http://www.nascar.com/bristol/
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend as Spring is here and enjoys.........

T.G.I.F.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #832
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewing as usual. Well, yesterday was a perfect day out with temps reaching the 70s and sunny. I sat out on the back deck after work with Beth and we enjoyed some wine and I picked out a tasty treat to smoke from the humidor. It was a Perdomo Edicion De Silvio Robusto with a few years of age and it was great. Today, we have some running around to do and then we're attending a fund raiser for the Warrior Transition Unit (Wounded Warriors) at the Palaia Vineyards Winery with a wine - chocolate - cheese tasting: http://www.palaiavineyards.com/entertainment.html
Sports wise today, we have a number of college basketball games on, pre-season MLB, NHL, PGA and of course NASCAR from Bristol, TN. I hope everyone has a super Saturday as well and enjoys it to the max.......
Old 03-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #833
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Sunday special coffee blend is brewin'. Yesterday was another nice early Spring day as the weather was great which made the Warrior Transition Unit fund raiser a huge success. Afterwards, we came back to the house and fired up the grill for a thick london broil and of course cigars which were Camacho 2008 Liberty'. Congrats to Kyle Busch for winning yesterday's NASCAR Nationwide Series race and I hope today's race will be as exciting as well. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 03-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #834
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Good Morning Charlie, I'm have a great cup of coffee and contemplating which cigar to smoke. The sun is out in Detroit for a short time today, so I will fire the grill up soon.
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #835
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been brewin' since 0430. Yesterday was another great day to be outside enjoying the fresh Spring air smokin' primo stogies, sippin' on cold brews and BBQing wings on the grill. Congrats to Kyle Busch for winning yesterday's NASCAR Sprint Cup race, he's definitely got Bristol Speedway down as far as racing goes. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 03-22-2011, 04:04 AM   #836
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. Believe or not but it looks like the winter weather is back for a while as we had some snow yesterday and they are calling for more tomorrow. I just hope that it's gone by Opening Day for the Yankees so they can have a good day for all. Anyway, I hope all of you have a good day and enjoy.......
Old 03-23-2011, 03:54 AM   #837
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe has been on since 0430. Well, we are expecting another blast of the white stuff which should be starting shortly. According to NOAA, they are predicting anywhere from 4 to 9 inches with a mix of rain as well: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273
I hope everyone has a safe and happy "Hump Day as always.......
Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #838
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0345 as we (West Point's decision makers) conducted an Adverse Weather Condition Call. West Point is "Code White" until 0900 and the schools are on a 2 hour school delay. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening for a couple of primo stogies and seeing who's heading down tomorrow to J.Barbera Tobacconist in Garden City, Long Island:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...howtopic=68391

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two as well........
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #839
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is brewin' and T.G.I.F. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's celebrating Kayakin' Dan's birthday smoking top shelf cigars and enjoying some tasty birthday cake. It's lookin' like 8 of us from the West Point / Newburgh area will be heading down to the Garden City, Long Island Herf, it will be great to see Lindsay, Isy and all the S/BOTL from NYC and LI. Sports wise, we have a full weekend of college basketball, the end of Spring Training for the MLB and of course NASCAR from Fontana, CA. I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend and gets to smoke a couple of your favorites throughout it........
Old 03-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #840
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Saturday morning coffee is on. Well, we had a very good time yesterday at J.Barbera Tobacconist, it was great seeing the ole crew from NYC and Long Island and our own Isy from West Palm Beach, FL. Thanks to Lindsay and Barbara B. for being the best hosts and for putting up with us all. As far as today, there's plenty of sports on the TV and I hope everyone has a good one.......