Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Blind Review

So a few weeks ago Vin gave me a rather large cigar, probably a churchill or DC, without a band or any markings on it for me to tell him my thoughts on before revealing what it is. i decided to do a full-out review. here are my findings:

The appearance was so-so, a nice triple cap, but had a few veins and some green spots (mostly around where the band would have been, where i've found most green spots to be on cigars). cut beautifully, pre-light didnt taste anything in particular, but it had a good draw. a bit squishy/underfilled, but didnt turn out to affect the smoke

The first third was a bit harsh on the nose exhale, hard to discern any flavors because of the burn on the nose, but it had sort of a sweet earth

Second third changed completely right at the transition point. less burn on the nose, milder in taste, creamy almond and wood

Final third saw some burn problems which corrected themselves, but did go out with about an inch and a half left, to which i had to relight. i purged 2-3 times near the end, and got a sweet taste, which i enjoyed, put it down with about an inch left

Overall, it had a nice burn (besides at the end), a nice draw, and some interesting complexity. nice ash, flaky and a mix between light and dark ash. i thought it was pretty full body, but didnt realize how bad it hit me till i walked around a little. needless to say, i had to go grab something sweet to nosh on after.

would i buy it again? probably not, the first third really turned me off to it, however i would smoke another if it were gifted or traded to me

alright vinny... what did i just smoke?

stearns
Old 07-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Blind Review

I am gonna say CC from the sale, likely a HdM Chuchill... I'd say March 01...
SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

i was thinking similar, one of those big guys, but i'll wait to hear it from him

stearns
Old 07-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about

lol... I would too, as good as I am I wouldn't go on my word...
SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote