Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #81
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What Terrifies the Ever-Loving BAJEEZUS out of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Being at a herf where elderboy Dan runs out of ketchup.
That would not be a good thing
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #82
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Found out yesterday that since the two wisdom teeth in question came in fully and sit up nice and high like normal teeth... there will be no need to Put me under. He said it would literally take longer to give me a local and wait for it to start working than it would to actually remove the teeth...

Being as such, he did warn me about something that scared the bajeezus out of me again...

He said that sometimes when they pull a wisdom tooth on the top side... it opens up a hole into your sinuses... which can lead to infection... which... scares the crap out of me... my sinuses already have enough holes.

And then he told me that sometimes pulling one from the bottom can leave part of your lip and tongue permanently paralyzed... both of which I use on a daily basis and would prefer them to stay in good working order...

Dentistry is a barbaric practice... but necessary I suppose.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #83
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

I think it's time for a new Dentist. This guy sounds shady!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #84
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
My other biggest fear now that I'm a parent is my kids getting hurt. I know every parent worries but sometimes I think I have lost my mind with the crazy **** I can imagine while I'm watching them.
That right there is my one real fear... my friends used to think I was suicidal with the stupid crap I'd do, but now I'm exactly like this Albert it's like the imagination is stuck in overdrive on what is the worst possible thing that could happen.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #85
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

My biggest fear is being separated from my family during a disaster and not being able to get in touch/together with them (no cell phone service, etc.).

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #86
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcue View Post
Moray eels!

The exhibit at Sea World San Diego freaked me out!!
I saw some type of water snake when I was snorkeling out in Okinawa back in 99...scared the crap outta me!!! The strangest thing is even though I am afraid of stuff coming from under the water to grab me I'd still go out 1-2 miles in the ocean and snorkel with buddies.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #87
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Clowns, all of them, they scare the hell out of me to this day!

Chris.....
Old 11-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #88
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
Clowns, all of them, they scare the hell out of me to this day!

Chris.....
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #89
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
He said that sometimes when they pull a wisdom tooth on the top side... it opens up a hole into your sinuses... which can lead to infection... which... scares the crap out of me... my sinuses already have enough holes.

And then he told me that sometimes pulling one from the bottom can leave part of your lip and tongue permanently paralyzed... both of which I use on a daily basis and would prefer them to stay in good working order...

Dentistry is a barbaric practice... but necessary I suppose.
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I got the same schpiel. I too was concerned because my teeth have a bad habit of having curved and/or twisted roots. After the teeth were pulled and everything was fine, I admitted to the dentist I'd been concerned about that aspect. My oral surgeon told me that it's rare that those things happen, but they tell everyone about it as a precaution against lawsuits. Kinda like those pharmacuetical ads where the listed "possible side effects" include death. It's unlikely that it'll happen, but if they've warned you against it and it does they're in the clear.

Personally, I'm not big on dark water. Used to swim at a lake at my grandparents' that is populated by gators. I learned to snorkle in the Gulf of Mexico, less than 3 miles from the pier where we used to watch fishemen pull in sharks. It trained a hypervigilence into me that sometimes blossoms into paranoia. I love the water, so I try to keep it in check, but sometimes I just have to get my feet back on dry land and calm myself down.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #90
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
I saw some type of water snake when I was snorkeling out in Okinawa back in 99...scared the crap outta me!!! The strangest thing is even though I am afraid of stuff coming from under the water to grab me I'd still go out 1-2 miles in the ocean and snorkel with buddies.
That made me think of one...
When I'm diving in stirred up water and I get intent on staring at something on the bottom, then look up and see a giant "whatever it is" swimming ten feet away and I can't make it out.
It sends a shiver right up my spine. It's fun.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #91
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
I discovered that same thing a week or so ago when I was up on my roof attempting to blow out my gutters with a leaf blower. I'd never been on a roof before. It wasn't the height so much as the getting back on the ladder part. It was a chilly morning spent up on the roof psyching myself up to get on the ladder to get down
Yes, I am extremely afraid of heights too and got stuck on my roof once. It was worse because there were snakes up there and they are my second greatest fear. Horibble day.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #92
Martel

I'm not sure I would call it a "fear" because that implies some level of rationality, but... I'm a claustrophobe, especially with large crowds. It's not like being afraid of something that can legitimately hurt you, like poisonous snakes or falling off your roof. Intellectually, I know that I can't be injured by being in a small, enclosed space. But if I'm in one, I panic; crowded elevators are the worst! It bothers me that I have this visceral reaction to something harmless. It seems to have gotten worse with age.

Cheers,
G
Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #93
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

I'm extremely claustrophobic but what scares me the most is the thought of having to carry on a conversation with any of my wife's sisters and most of her brothers. It is a mind numbing, IQ lowering experience that requires hours of intellectual stimulation to bring me out of my coma.

MCS
Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #94
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

I have some of the claustrophobia, crowd, and get vertigo at heights but I'm not afraid of these things just uncomfortable at a visceral level.

The only thing that really scares me is something happening to my kids like many have already mentioned. Particularly something involving long term illness or disability. I'm mean anything bad to your kid is bad but having to watch them struggle and suffer for a long time plus having to find a way to step up everyday to support them pretty much scares the Ever-Loving BAJEEZUS out of me. Fortunately I don't think about it much and am not of a temperament to do so unlike my wife who worries about all kinds of random ****.

Good luck with all the dentistry. It amazes me how much surgery of any kind reminds me of advanced carpentry.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #95
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough

Big time scares for are...

Anything involving the Dentist. I usually have to get the little blue pill before I go to just get a basic cleaning. I really hate bodies of water too, ocean, lakes, ponds whatever. Only things that I can really say bother me, because I get real bad anxiety. Nothing else does it for me.