Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
DTM
Get to the Chopper!

First Name: Derek
Trading: (0)
DTM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stress and cigars

I will enjoy a cigar regardless of stress. Living in Kansas the only things that stop me are wind and more wind. I do find that a cigar and a stiff drink will releave stress for me rather quickly.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #22
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

I find that a cigar and classical music on Pandora through my iPod de-stresses me as good as anything else. Oh, need a root beer, too.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #23
maconusmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Agree with above. Helps me to relax. However, when stressed or in a bad mood, I've learned not to go straight to the top shelf for maximum relief. I get more bang for my buck if those wait for a better going-in mood.
That's how I am too. I like to try and get into a semi decent mood before lighting up. I don't know if this is weird or not but I have to be just showered and clean shaven most of the time before I will smoke a cigar. Wife thinks it's funny. She is on to my routuine!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #24
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

For me it depends on how stessed I am. If it was an extremely stessful weekend and now I'm just in a mood that I was to get into a fight with anyone that encounters me than I can't sit still to enjoy the cigar and let it relax me.
If Its just been one of those days/weeks and I just need to sit back, then the first thing I do what I get home is poor me some nice whiskey and go pick a stick out and sit back with some music (maybe the ball game depending on the season) and unwind.
So for me there is a scale of stress that I can, it's kind of like ever get so hungry that you can't eat? Too much stress I can't sit still to relax.