Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #161
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: La Flor Dominicana and Litto Gomez love

And y'all are a bad influence on me. Just finished up the Trinfador OR I was smoking so I needed something else. Grabbed an LFD A Oscuro
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #162
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Nice! I should track ONE down to smoke one day that calls for it. If and when you smoke it let us know here!
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #163
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Nice! I should track ONE down to smoke one day that calls for it. If and when you smoke it let us know here!
Way ahead of ya, half an inch in. Love these things when I just wanna zone out and smoke somethin tasty. Listening to a newly discovered band I love and gonna open up a book on the phone(Galaxy Note 2, so its more or less a Kindle )
Old 06-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #164
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

That's right, you have one of those jobs that allow... Requires that sort of thing, Bastage!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #165
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I've really been enjoying LFD's lately. Having an Air Bender Guerrero tonight, and recently purchased a box of the Mystery Maduro Event Lonsdales.

Does anyone have a source for a brand sampler that would allow me to try several of their many different offerings? I've looked around at some of the usual and not so usual suspects but haven't found anything that really intruiged me. TIA
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #166
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

How well are those ligero and double ligero ones doing as far as aging? I'd think that these could be aged for a decade and still have a good kick.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #167
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

I've had some Double Ligeros that are over 7 years old Ron and they are awesome! One thing people have to keep in mind is when the DLs came out they were one of the strongest cigars on the market. With all the DPG style Nic puros this is not the case anymore. So when aged the DLs and even L maintain the flavor and even gain more since the kick from the Ligero dies down. If you find an LFD with the old style band (pink tobacco flower) snag it, it should be at least 5 years old from the time it was rolled.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #168
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

Quote:
If you find an LFD with the old style band (pink tobacco flower) snag it, it should be at least 5 years old from the time it was rolled.
Has it really been that long? I thought its only been like 3 years since they changed the band.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #169
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
Has it really been that long? I thought its only been like 3 years since they changed the band.
New bands started showing up in 2008.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #170
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

One of the most underrated smokes out there.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #171
DaBear
Have My Own Room

HdM

Quote:
New bands started showing up in 2008.
Chit, looks like I'm gonna have to grab a few of the old band DL Lanceros we have at work then.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #172
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Not to change the topic, but to gauge things. I love the LGDs, Small Batch, Coronados, & Air Benders. I like the Cameroons. And there are a few blends that I have not tried.

There were the original lines that I tried in the late 1990s, but I have not tried those lines, or I should say, the contemporary version of those lines. They were pretty good, but I am sure they are not the same tobaccos and have changed some. I suppose I could try them, but I have been reluctant because I have not found many of them locally, and when I have, they priced higher than I was willing to part with at that particular time. I know where I could get them reasonably for a box, but I do not know that I want a whole box.

But, I have tried to like the Ligero & the Double Ligero and just have not been able to do so. They are not horrible, but to my palate they are rather one-dimensional. I found them strong and full-bodied but after about 2 inches I was bored. I did like the 452, but not enough to go out buy a box of them.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #173
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
I've really been enjoying LFD's lately. Having an Air Bender Guerrero tonight, and recently purchased a box of the Mystery Maduro Event Lonsdales.

Does anyone have a source for a brand sampler that would allow me to try several of their many different offerings? I've looked around at some of the usual and not so usual suspects but haven't found anything that really intruiged me. TIA
Last time I checked small batch cigar had a sampler

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #174
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJarv View Post
Last time I checked small batch cigar had a sampler
Thanks for the reply...took me a while to see it!

Here's the sampler: http://smallbatchcigar.com/pack-samp...6c550effdeb72f

For those who are more familiar with LFD, what are your thoughts? Of the one's I've had lately, I've been enjoying the general fullness of them, and a couple of these look as though they may smoke a bit milder.

TIA for any thoughts (I might just pull the trigger anyway. )
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #175
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

I actually find the Ligero to be a milder stick. There are several other lines like the Light (I think that is what they are calling it now) the Maduro cabinets are low on the spice and full flavor. Dominican tobacco by nature is pretty light stuff so with a few exceptions most of Littos blends are not as powerful as your Nicaraguan puros.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #176
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Litto is putting out box pressed chisels in a book format for the trade show.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #177
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post

http://www.famous-smoke.com/la+flor+...ars/item+39564
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #178
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I actually find the Ligero to be a milder stick. There are several other lines like the Light (I think that is what they are calling it now) the Maduro cabinets are low on the spice and full flavor. Dominican tobacco by nature is pretty light stuff so with a few exceptions most of Littos blends are not as powerful as your Nicaraguan puros.
The Light is called the Suave now. They thought they would catch grief for calling them Lights

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #179
badbriar

LFD Cabinet Oscuro is one of the best quality, best tasting, most rustic looking man's stick I've had the pleasure of enjoying. Looks badass just sitting there! Colorado Oscuro not quite as good.
RR