Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #3401
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Just got in a new scope for my AR's targeting and tracking system, I think it is finally complete. It's a new non-computerized system I call Multiple Simultaneous Target Tracking And Recognition, MSTTAR for short.

You know the whole adage "one is none and two is one", so I figured by that line of thinking, 10+ must surely be unstoppable. I think it will catch on soon, we're going to see many more concerned private citizens building their own version of this advanced configuration.

(I assume people realize that it's just my attempt at being humorous, that is not actually my gun)
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #3402
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Just got in a new scope for my AR's targeting and tracking system, I think it is finally complete. It's a new non-computerized system I call Multiple Simultaneous Target Tracking And Recognition, MSTTAR for short.

You know the whole adage "one is none and two is one", so I figured by that line of thinking, 10+ must surely be unstoppable. I think it will catch on soon, we're going to see many more concerned private citizens building their own version of this advanced configuration.

So with that rig, before you shot me, you could take an x-ray of my knee?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #3403
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post

(I assume people realize that it's just my attempt at being humorous, that is not actually my gun)
WTF?....You don't even have the chainsaw attachment, Yea it does exist!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #3404
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I think that pretty much has all the accessories.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #3405
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Shopping for my first AR before a bunch of knee jerkers try to pass some feel good garbage to prevente from buying one.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #3406
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Yep...me too. Unfortunately, the prices have skyrocketed in the past few days. I am on the fence for the Troy Arms AR at Dicks. I have heard/read a lot of good things.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #3407
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Shopping for my first AR before a bunch of knee jerkers try to pass some feel good garbage to prevente from buying one.
I would love to have one, but don't have the money to drop.

I may purchase another pistol.. One the wife can use more and one more 'toy' for me.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #3408
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
I would love to have one, but don't have the money to drop.

I may purchase another pistol.. One the wife can use more and one more 'toy' for me.
My brother has quite an arsenal of toys and never really considered a need for one, but sadly it's to the point that I want one just more or less to give everyone else a big eff you to the powers that be. I've had a shotgun that was given to me for Christmas by my dad when I was 12 years old, but it's time to get more power.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #3409
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Good luck buying your stuff guys, a lot of companies are showing out of stock already! ! !
Old 12-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #3410
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Good luck buying your stuff guys, a lot of companies are showing out of stock already! ! !
I'm gonna shop around for a local private sale. Already found a guy I can get assemblies from.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #3411
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I'm gonna shop around for a local private sale. Already found a guy I can get assemblies from.
Don't wait! My FIL was going to order a few AR's and when he first looked his distributer had 16, He came back 45 minutes later and....gone!

Last edited by jluck; 12-19-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #3412
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Yep...me too. Unfortunately, the prices have skyrocketed in the past few days. I am on the fence for the Troy Arms AR at Dicks. I have heard/read a lot of good things.
Better move quick Dicks here have pulled all "assault weapons" and the manager said they company is going to do it nationwide.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #3413
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
I think that pretty much has all the accessories.
Nope....
Name:  archainsaw.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  79.6 KB
Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #3414
dijit
Have My Own Room

dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
don't wait! My FIL was going to order a few AR's and when he first looked his distributer had 16, He came back 45 minutes later and....gone!
We will most likely have to resort to buying parts and assembling our own! Get the upper and lower first as they were the first to sell out when the previous gun bill was about to pass.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #3415
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
Better move quick Dicks here have pulled all "assault weapons" and the manager said they company is going to do it nationwide.
Cheaper than dirt decided they don't sell guns any longer also. Thats two company's I will no longer support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
We will most likely have to resort to buying parts and assembling our own! Get the upper and lower first as they were the first to sell out when the previous gun bill was about to pass.
Even lowers and uppers will get hard too get again.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #3416
dijit
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Even lowers and uppers will get hard too get again.
Yes they will, ammo will start to go up again too guess I better get out the 223 and 556 dies. Never know when a down on their luck AR owner wont be able to pay for factory rounds
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #3417
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Going to pick up my XD9 on Friday and I'm hoping the shop has some ARs in stock (last time I went, they had around 10). I may have to get one
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #3418
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Victory for the NRA and Illinois brothers
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7034171.story
Great news. This is a historic ruling. So recently the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd Amendment is an individual right in the DC gun ban case, now a Federal Appeals court ruled that the right to bear is not limited to the home. I don't see how any restrictions can stand anymore.

If I ran the NRA I'd start suing to overturn all the restrictions many states/cities pass as "infringment". Registration, gun-free zones, etc should all go.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #3419
MrWolf55
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
RyJ
MrWolf55 is on a distinguished road

Having a similar situation as everyone else here. Been planning to pick up my first AK sometime before this summer. Looking mainly for a polish AKMS or a straight-forward WASR; Unfortunately the prices of them on gunbroker have skyrocketed over the past few days. I guess big brother is forcing my hand.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #3420
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

If you're looking to have an AR-15 in the future I would at least go pick up a stripped lower or two as this is the firearms according to the ATF and would be the part needed before a ban. And some 30rd mags.