Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Trading: (1)
Flounder is on a distinguished road
Default Pinar Del Rio Sungrown Habano - Lancer

Just smoked a PDR outside, in our lovely December thunderstorm.

It was firm from the get go, packed real tight.

I could tell within seconds of cutting it that it was going to be a tight draw, with this being my first lancer experience, I don't know if that is par for the course or not.

It lit well, and was delicious from the get go. Maybe a symptom of the tight draw, but it seemed as if I was going to lose it a few times, and I was smoking it quickly due to the cold.

The ash seemed to hold for about an inch and a half before falling.

Although delicious, the taste profile seemed to hold throughout the course of the stick without much change or complexity, which was okay with me because it was good all the way through. I got a very woody type flavor with hints of nuts.

Seemed to hit me pretty hard which I believe to be a combination of the speed in which I smoked it and the fact that it was not a little stick 7 3/8" x 46-48 (not sure). Also, the tight draw had a lot to do with how dense it was, so a lot of tobacco there.

Towards the last 4 inches it began to tunnel a lot which I think was due to my incessant massaging trying to loosen up, but it was not much of an issue to begin with.

I coupled it up with a handful of honey roasted peanuts which made for a great pairing, the nuts complimented the nuttiness of the cigar, and the sugar was a good pairing with the cigar all around.

Now sitting inside, had another handful of nuts which is helping with the effects of the nicotine. And a cold beer always is nice.

If any of you have any prior experience with this stick and would like to add or comment, feel free.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Ismith75
Tin Cup Chalice

First Name: Ian
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Ismith75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pinar Del Rio Sungrown Habano - Lancer

Nice review. I like these too
Ismith75 is offline   Reply With Quote