Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
zacktisch

Thumbs up Dupont Tatuaje The Face Light/Cutter set

Hi all,

New to CA, but thought I'd post a little bit about the ST Dupont Tatuaje 'The Face' cutter and lighter set I just got. I've been in the market for a new lighter and cutter since my cheapo $6 tobacco outlet triple flame torch finally died, when I was using it to caramelize some sugar on a creme brulee, and got some in the jets. still got 2 years out of that thing though, but i figured i needed a lighter that was going to last.

The Tatuaje Face, being a Dupont Maxijet/Xtend, gets excellent reviews, and I have to say I wasn't disapointed. The action is very smooth, lights every time, and has a very focused jet. The first few sticks I toasted, I was able to put the heat exactly where I wanted it, and keep the burn line very even. When I had to touch up, the Dupont had almost surgical precision, even outside in the breeze. the lighter also feels extremely solid and well made, and the finish seems tough & scratch resistant.

in terms of cutters, i had heard excellent things about palios, but for some reason i really don't like the look of them. i know that shouldnt matter, especially for something as utilitarian as a cutter, but every cigar i smoke is a few minutes of peace, and i want to kick it off with something special. this cutter is truly that. It feels heavy in your hand, well made and sturdy, and the action is very smooth. I was previously a V-cut and punch fan, but now am realizing that is only because I never had a great guillotine cutter. Now that I do, i don't think i'll V or punch ever again. The cut is razor sharp and precise. I kept looking at the 601 Green Label Oscuro I smoked tonight admiring how perfect the cut was. It almost looked manufactured. Again, two thumbs up.

These accessories are pricy, but they feel like they'll be with me for a long time, and feel special every time i use them

happy herfing from austin, tx
Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dupont Tatuaje The Face Light/Cutter set

Welcome to Cigar Asylum, Zack.
Nice testimonial.

Why not head over to the New Inmate forum and introduce yourself. We're a friendly bunch here.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a very high quality Lighter and Cutter! Welcome to CA!
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

Did that set cost you a kidney? LOL
Old 07-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

First Name: Paul
Trading: (6)
Montecristo
PCR will become famous soon enough

Hi Zack!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
zacktisch

paid $250 for the full set, new in box, seemed like a pretty good deal considering the regular maxijet lighter normally goes for $125 and the cutter for $150, and these are limited. i guess chainsaws and blood aren't for everyone
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I like the set, but I always drop my stuff on the porch and I am sure I would have my stuff nicked up in no time.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
Big Bert
Been a long time coming

First Name: Albert
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
Big Bert will become famous soon enough

Those look great!!! but they are pricey. I myself don't mind the showy stuff but I believe that the main attraction is always the cigar itself, so as long as. I have a good cutter and lighter to get me going I'm set and also I'm cheap Haha

Welcome to the asylum man!!!! Hope you enjoy many sticks with those instruments brother