Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #81
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Private boards are a myth, much talked and speculated about, but in the end, much like kaiser soze, they just wisps of smoke
Wait, what?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #82
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post

I like revenge, a dish best served ice cold in a dark parking lot.

They have parking lots in Canada, don't they?
What's a parking lot??
Old 07-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #83
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
What's a parking lot??
They're called freeways in southern California.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #84
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

Shawn, sorry to hear about you getting the bad end of that deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
They're called freeways in southern California.
That they are...

Shawn, sorry to hear about you getting the bad end of that deal...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #85
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post

NOW, that doesn't mean the Fox shouldn't get a few well-placed bombs to make up for his loss, I can already see that happening. Derh.
While I appreciate the thought that won't be necessary.

Thanks again to all those with kind words.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #86
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

To reiterate, as I am not sure it was grasped completely, it is absolutely NOT ok to post negative feedback here for a transaction on another board...period.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #87
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
To reiterate, as I am not sure it was grasped completely, it is absolutely NOT ok to post negative feedback here for a transaction on another board...period.
Tom, in regards to transactions that went bad that were actually conducted privately, not on any boards (ie via email) what is the mods position on TF for that?

For example, I was contacted by Dan via email regarding the sale of some cigars. Fortunately I declined, but had I not I would be in the same boat as Shawn and the other gents here (Tikihut patch aside).

Now, at the time, I was ONLY a member of CA, so that is the only place Dan new me from. Since this was our only common "hang out" would it have been appropriate for feedback to be left on CA?

Obviously, the point is now mute for Dan, but for future reference, clarification might be in helpful.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #88
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
Tom, in regards to transactions that went bad that were actually conducted privately, not on any boards (ie via email) what is the mods position on TF for that?

For example, I was contacted by Dan via email regarding the sale of some cigars. Fortunately I declined, but had I not I would be in the same boat as Shawn and the other gents here (Tikihut patch aside).

Now, at the time, I was ONLY a member of CA, so that is the only place Dan new me from. Since this was our only common "hang out" would it have been appropriate for feedback to be left on CA?

Obviously, the point is now mute for Dan, but for future reference, clarification might be in helpful.
Hi Moe,

I would say if the transaction was initiated somehow through CA (PMs, e-mail through CA, etc), then it would be permissable. But I certainly don't think transactions initiated on another board, whether via PMs on that board, or other means, should constitute negative feedback here. Clear as mud?

In your case I would think TF would be permissable, because your transaction would have occured through CA to a major degree.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #89
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Hi Moe,

I would say if the transaction was initiated somehow through CA (PMs, e-mail through CA, etc), then it would be permissable. But I certainly don't think transactions initiated on another board, whether via PMs on that board, or othert means, should constitute negative feedback here. Clear as mud?
Gotcha

I was referring to the first instance.

"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #90
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

If transactions are conducted via closed doors (ie: Private PM deal from here or email) I dont see why you cant leave TF on their profile.

Its just that if the transaction was conducted at another forum, leave the feedback at that forum.

edit: (or in others words.....what Tom said )

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #91
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
If transactions are conducted via closed doors (ie: Private PM deal from here or email) I dont see why you cant leave TF on their profile.

Its just that if the transaction was conducted at another forum, leave the feedback at that forum.

edit: (or in others words.....what Tom said )
Great minds, Kelly?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #92
poker

Cohiba

You type mo faster den me.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Old 07-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #93
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
You type mo faster den me.
Fastest two index fingers in the East.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #94
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Trading: (3)
Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
(Tikihut patch aside)
More facts:

1) Dan contacted me in Afghanistan about a GB for a patch back in November 08. I was leaving soon, but hoped to get the patches made by a local vendor in Camp Phoenix before I left. I set up the patch and had a prototype made, then ordered the batch.

2) The vendor was backlogged and couldn't get the patches made before I left country. I was unwilling to stick around in Afghanistan to wait, so I turned the process over to my Tiki Hut replacement, TFphoenix33.

3) TFphoenix33 waited for Dan to send a check so he could pick up the patches. Never came. Dan said he had some personal issues and was having trouble getting the check out.

4) I got involved again in February and April as a liason between Dan and TFphoenix33. No money came from Dan, TFphoenix33 was unwilling to front the money (smart man). As far as I know, the patches are still sitting at the embroiderers. Maybe they will still be there by the next time I get sent back to Afghanistan.

5) I am unaware of any refunds for patches, I know even I sent him money for the GB because the final patches were slightly different than the prototype and I wanted one.

6) I am also unaware that any of the troop supporters received anything from the failed GB. Please correct if so.

7) I feel lousy about the whole thing .
Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #95
poker

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut27 View Post
I think we all do

Old 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #96
Rabidsquirrel
Moderately Confused

Trading: (5)
Rabidsquirrel is on a distinguished road

I find it ironic that the guy who gave me a hard time in a PM about calling out a member on a bad transaction screwed so many people.

I think that makes sense.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #97
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
More facts:

1) Dan contacted me in Afghanistan about a GB for a patch back in November 08. I was leaving soon, but hoped to get the patches made by a local vendor in Camp Phoenix before I left. I set up the patch and had a prototype made, then ordered the batch.

2) The vendor was backlogged and couldn't get the patches made before I left country. I was unwilling to stick around in Afghanistan to wait, so I turned the process over to my Tiki Hut replacement, TFphoenix33.

3) TFphoenix33 waited for Dan to send a check so he could pick up the patches. Never came. Dan said he had some personal issues and was having trouble getting the check out.

4) I got involved again in February and April as a liason between Dan and TFphoenix33. No money came from Dan, TFphoenix33 was unwilling to front the money (smart man). As far as I know, the patches are still sitting at the embroiderers. Maybe they will still be there by the next time I get sent back to Afghanistan.

5) I am unaware of any refunds for patches, I know even I sent him money for the GB because the final patches were slightly different than the prototype and I wanted one.

6) I am also unaware that any of the troop supporters received anything from the failed GB. Please correct if so.

Wasn't your undoing, Dan never sent the cheque, so no patches.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #98
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:

No reason for you to feel lousy, you did everything right.

For the record, this is NOT the story Dan told a couple of Mods via PM...he laid all the blame on people in Afghanistan. And I obviously believe yours is the true story.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #99
md4958
Captain Cannoli

HUpmann

Quote:

I hear ya, and I would feel the same way, however I don't think any of us hold you responsible for the failed GB. I cant imagine why you wouldn't want to hang around Afghanistan for another 6 months though

I really dont care about the $12, what I'm phucken pissed about is that he would screw people over under the guise that it was for troop support. The members of the GB got screwed, the embroiderer got screwed, and the troops got screwed.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #100
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

As usual, I have no meaningful comment to add, save to say I am saddened by this whole epic tale - sorry for those who were burned, sorry for the one who thought it was OK to burn others in what was his virtual backyard, and sorry for all the bad karma thus seeded here. The only thing that hurts worse than being taken is when you are taken by someone you considered a friend - you lose not only material possessions, but a piece of your trust and your heart as well.

Closed Thread