Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
itsme_timd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tim
Trading: (3)
ERdM
itsme_timd will become famous soon enough
Default Tatuaje T110 Review

*Warning! NFG review ahead! Proceed with caution!*

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 5'er of the new Tatuaje T110 in a recent box split.

THE BACKGROUND
The T110 is a limited release cigar made for a shop in Hawaii. In all my searches I haven't found the name of the shop they were made for, just "a shop in Hawaii"! The email address for the shop owner is connected to a supermarket chain, Foodland. This is an all Nicaraguan Ligero cigar in a 4'5" x 52RG size. Cigars were released at $10.00 per stick or $225.00 for boxes of 25, only 200 boxes were made.

THE LOWDOWN
I poured a rum and coke and headed out to the man cave. This cigar cut easily with my Credo scissors and I decided to use the softer flame of matchsticks to light this one as opposed to my usual torch, not sure why - I just did. This lit easily with about 3 matches and gave off billows of smoke on each draw, this one was very open - verging on too open at times.

The first inch of this cigar was loaded (loaded!) with pepper! I haven't been a big pepper fan but lately I like cigars that have the pepper on the front end and then mellow, which this one did. The pepper gave way to earth and spice. The flavors were very 'flavorful', but at the same time quite smooth.

This little guy packs quite a punch... half way in and I was quite lightheaded. By the time I was done I had to just sit still for a couple of minutes and enjoy the buzz.

THE WRAP UP
If you can get your hands on some of these I suggest you do. I know a lot of folks are sick of chasing all these limited release sticks but sometimes they are worth it. This cigar has great flavors but was never harsh and if you love the full bodied smokes this one will do the trick.

itsme_timd is offline   Reply With Quote