Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Cain Maduro nub 464T

A few days ago I had the 'pleasure' to smoke the Cain Maduro nub 460 that recently became available on the Dutch market and now I smoked the torpedo version of this Cain Maduro nub, the 464T. This cigar has a price of € 7.50 in The Netherlands.

The cigar looks cool, short and fat with a dark, shiny and oily wrapper that has a few thin veins running over it. The construction feels good and the cigar has a strong barnyard smell. The predraw is good ald leaves a peppery tobacco flavor on my palate.

I taste a bitter coffee flavor with earthy flavors. The flavors are full and I also taste a little bit of chocolate. The bitter coffee flavor disappears quickly. The earth flavor remains with a little bit of chocolate. After three quarters of an inch I also taste pepper, the cigar becomes a bit spicy.

The pepper disappears, again I taste the earthy flavor but this time I taste a bit more chocolate. The aftertaste is a bit spicy. The flavors don't develop at all, and I dislike what I taste. I think that there is at least another 10 to 15 minutes left of the cigar when I toss it, but I just couldn't handle it anymore.

I smoked this cigar for an hour and five minutes before I tossed it, and with what I know now, that was an hour too late. The draw is good, but the burn is crooked. I got a lot of smoke, which is a bit on the thin side. The light colored ash is firm. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Never again

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Old 10-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cain Maduro nub 464T

Nice Review... Was hoping for better results... I have so wanted to try this one....
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

then try one Troy, make up your own mind on this cigar. You might like it.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

I still want to try one...
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
gijoey959

I liked it, I wish I had bought a box of the maduro ones instead of the habano, which did actually suck, save for about 5 out of the whole 24 that were in the box. So from what I read, this was typical Cain/nub quality. They can make a good smoke, they are rolled at the Oliva factory so some quality is bound to rub off, but you still get ones that smoke like this most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
...looks cool, short and fat with a dark, shiny and oily wrapper that has a few thin veins running over it...
it was at this point I stopped reading aloud :P haha
Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Ferdie...was waiting for this one.