Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 01-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #201
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
So much hardware to get, TV, console, Keyboard, Mouse, XIM3, it is going to be a long road. Thanks I will keep you in mind for advice when the time comes.

STS
And games, and a good set of headphones if you want a huge advantage like many do. And DLC when downloadable content is released (If you play online). And Xbox live if you go with the better service options.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #202
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I never put it on, how many kill streak is it?
It has happened against me before.

Me and Andrew DPD6030 play sometimes together, anybody wanna run with us send me a friend request and a message saying you are from here. GT: BLAK SMyth
Its on all the time. You have to get 25 gun kills with no help from perks.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #203
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuceone View Post
Its on all the time. You have to get 25 gun kills with no help from perks.
Oh I see, I think 19 is the most I have gotten so far so not very close yet.
My best game was 39-1 didn't time the death right otherwise I would have got it I suppose.

Good to know, I thought I just never put the perk on. Not sure why I didn't know about this.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #204
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I never put it on, how many kill streak is it?
It has happened against me before.

Me and Andrew DPD6030 play sometimes together, anybody wanna run with us send me a friend request and a message saying you are from here. GT: BLAK SMyth
Yes and Shane's a beast with the mk14. I always bring up the rear. Yup, always got to have at least one guy that sucks at the game I'm that guy! Maybe I need some of these fancy headphones. I sold the ones I had for the ps3 when I sold that to Moose6026.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #205
SDmate
I <3 to S.H.I.T

First Name: Steve AKA mate
Trading: (3)
RA
SDmate will become famous soon enoughSDmate will become famous soon enough

My son is now live streaming all his playing sessions on twitch.tv
check it out http://www.twitch.tv/fbstarscream

Canterbury Crusaders- Super 12 Champions- 1998 1999 2000 2002 2005 Super 14 Champions- 2006 2008
Canterbury- ITM Cup Champions-2008-2012
New Zealand ALL BLACKS RWC Champions- 1987 2011
SDmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #206
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
r Maybe I need some of these fancy headphones. I sold the ones I had for the ps3 when I sold that to Moose6026.
I just sit close to the tv, but I have sensitive ears anyways. I told myself I wouldn't bother with the challenges until I'm done with all pretiges so I used prestige points to unlock the ACR, Assassin, Portable Radar, and Claymore off the bat and soon to be Scavenger.
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #207
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Yes and Shane's a beast with the mk14. I always bring up the rear. Yup, always got to have at least one guy that sucks at the game I'm that guy! Maybe I need some of these fancy headphones. I sold the ones I had for the ps3 when I sold that to Moose6026.
They definetly help. I do not use them but Thump3r does and he heres the enemy sneeze and then fold up the tissue.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #208
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
I just sit close to the tv, but I have sensitive ears anyways. I told myself I wouldn't bother with the challenges until I'm done with all pretiges so I used prestige points to unlock the ACR, Assassin, Portable Radar, and Claymore off the bat and soon to be Scavenger.
Sitting close to the TV is not even close to the nice headphones. You can actually hear exactly where the enemy is walking, running or creeping around. I mean excatly. Like even more exagerated than in real life. I tried my friends pair one time and I was like wow I gotta get these, but I would rather buy a box of cigars than have a $200 set of headphones.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #209
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDmate View Post
My son is now live streaming all his playing sessions on twitch.tv
check it out http://www.twitch.tv/fbstarscream
Man that is awesome, tell him to say whats up to me while I sit here smoking and watching, haha.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #210
ucubed
Corona Cigars

ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sitting close to the TV is not even close to the nice headphones. You can actually hear exactly where the enemy is walking, running or creeping around. I mean excatly. Like even more exagerated than in real life. I tried my friends pair one time and I was like wow I gotta get these, but I would rather buy a box of cigars than have a $200 set of headphones.
I know what you're saying, I have a very nice set of pc ones that I used in my Counter-Strike days. Frankly if I'm not competing in tournaments then I don't need anything fancy.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #211
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
I know what you're saying, I have a very nice set of pc ones that I used in my Counter-Strike days. Frankly if I'm not competing in tournaments then I don't need anything fancy.
There are adapters that allow you to plug regular headphones into a Xbox 360 controller. Search on E-bay, they're about $5. Then you can use your PC set on Xbox.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #212
BnBTobacco

Mine is for Xbox 360.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #213
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
There are adapters that allow you to plug regular headphones into a Xbox 360 controller. Search on E-bay, they're about $5. Then you can use your PC set on Xbox.
PS3 player, however I do know about the adapters, I just choose not to use a headset =)
Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #214
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Just started playing this one today on PS3. Man do I suck. Level 6 and a KDR of .214

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #215
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Trading: (49)
Cohiba
montecristo#2 will become famous soon enough

Alright, I started playing hardcore and I like it a lot better than the standard games. I like being able to kill someone with one good shot. The only issue I have is that it seems more people get the helicopter and start shooting people from the sky.

I have been playing a lot of KC, might try more Deathmatch next.

I recently unlocked the Type 95 and I love this gun. I have been using it on the smaller maps while I use the Dragunov on the larger ones where I can use the sniper rifle. I am at level 18 or so with the sniper and am working my way up on the Type 95.

While I still suck, at least I feel more competitive. I am getting closer to a 1:1 ratio in my recent games. Usually 6 to 8 kills and 8 or so deaths. Which is a lot better than when I started. I guess this should be expected considering this is the first COD I have played while people have Prestiges from the previous 4 versions. It is addicting that is for sure.
montecristo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #216
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

you will learn and get better. the more guns you unlock and the more you learn the maps the better your game play gets.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #217
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#2 View Post
Alright, I started playing hardcore and I like it a lot better than the standard games. I like being able to kill someone with one good shot. The only issue I have is that it seems more people get the helicopter and start shooting people from the sky.

I have been playing a lot of KC, might try more Deathmatch next.

I recently unlocked the Type 95 and I love this gun. I have been using it on the smaller maps while I use the Dragunov on the larger ones where I can use the sniper rifle. I am at level 18 or so with the sniper and am working my way up on the Type 95.

While I still suck, at least I feel more competitive. I am getting closer to a 1:1 ratio in my recent games. Usually 6 to 8 kills and 8 or so deaths. Which is a lot better than when I started. I guess this should be expected considering this is the first COD I have played while people have Prestiges from the previous 4 versions. It is addicting that is for sure.
I enjoy hardcore every once in a while, but I feel that in standard mode you have to be more precise to kill someone. In hardcore I can pick someone off with my usp just as easy as my p90. I can pretty much shoot someone in the foot with an mk14 and they'll pretty much die. If only they had a mode that is friendly fire with no radar, but weapon strengths are similar to standard.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #218
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I can't stop playing it, but it's really p!ssing me off! Why do I keep unloading full clips on enemies and it never registers a hit? KDR is down to .13.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #219
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I can't stop playing it, but it's really p!ssing me off! Why do I keep unloading full clips on enemies and it never registers a hit? KDR is down to .13.
The hit boxes and registry in MW2 were the most precise and accurate, what you shot is what you hit with pretty much no compensation for lag. In Black ops they tried to adjust it by making the hit boxes smaller and made bullet registry for latency factors of other players a bit better, which in turn made it a little harder to kill. In MW3 it's somewhere in between. The big thing is that the hit boxes of MW3 tend to lag behind the player so you can still hit the player after they run past your sights.

A proper host of a game (one with the fantastic connection) and a speedy client side connection will generate less bullet lag if the person is not skipping around already. With that being said check your internet connection to ensure you are doing the best you can.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #220
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Trading: (49)
Cohiba
montecristo#2 will become famous soon enough

I have a question about that: does connection speed matter? It looks like they try to match ping time so I assume everyone in the game is equal. Of course, I have no idea what happens when playing in a group.

Tonight is the first time I have experienced any sort of lag and others on the game were complaining so I assume it was a host issue.
montecristo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote