Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #21
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: ARGHHHHH!!! Car Shopping H3LL

Oh, I hear ya brother. That's been my position for years. All I'm doing is exploring all options at the moment.

The last (and first) new car I bought was in 86...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #22
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Exactly. I am looking at Ford Fiesta .
So was I when I got out of my Colorado 18 months ago. But as I drove past the dealership, I DROVE PAST
the dealership...the car was TINY and not very sharp looking. I read really good reviews on all the talking
points, but once I saw it, all it was was good on gas.

So I drove next door and picked out a NEW Chevrolet Cruze. A much better looking car and the same gas
mileage. HOWEVER, despite the fact that I might be experiencing truck withdrawals, I can't recommend
either vehicle anymore. I give the Cruze a 7 out of 10 possible stars. It is great to still be pumping the
same dollar amount of gas that I pumped into my truck, despite the fact that gas is MUCH HIGHER now!
But I am not in love with it. I CAN recommend the car my sister got, a Civic. Those new cars look great,
drive great, SIP gas and do it with more style than my Cruze. I don't OWN one though, and that'd tell the tale.
From outside looking in, I bet my Cruze looks good to people.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I have heard good things about truecar.com anyone confirm?
The truecar price on my wifes new car was well above what we paid, she really gave them a

You're on the right track with the sites you're checking Steve, we did a LOT of research before spending a dime driving to see a car.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Exactly. I am looking at Ford Fiesta (I have a contact at the local dealer that I trust, although I may be leaning away from it due to some preliminary reviews) Honda Fit, etc. Something in that territory.
Honda For My Vote!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Honda For My Vote!
i am with this guy.

i have two hondas in the drive way right now and wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Honda For My Vote!
Toyotas aren't too shabby either, but I'm not aware if they have something that competes in the same market though.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
tengel78

Car shopping is one of my least favorite things. It's fun and all to have the new car, but I'd almost rather get a root canal instead of going through the shopping process.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I'd go private party myself-why pay a dealer 20-30% more just to get one off the lot to pay commission, operating costs, etc? (Obviously assuming used is an option). There's not any more "free" money left to buy new, is there?
This is usually how I buy. However, we are looking for a new ride for the wife and the to-be-born-in-September baby. We have narrowed down to a few options. One of them is Subaru Outback. They hold their value incredibly well and right now I can get 0.9% financing.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
But I am not in love with it. I CAN recommend the car my sister got, a Civic. Those new cars look great,
Fr me, the civic is in the top 3 ugliest cars on the road now. Hell, even Honda admitted it. .
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote