Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Paradigm 262 Torpedo

The Paradigm 262 Torpedo is a lovely 6 x 50 size with a velvety dark chocolate brindled brown Brazilian wrapper,Honduran binder and Nicaraguan filler.The maker is the Alec Bradley company.Clint at Smoke the Revolution was kind enough to send me some samples to try.

The construction is excellent,the cigar is firm and heavy with minimal veins and perfect seams.The head is uniform and cuts very cleanly.The draw is medium firm and the mouth feel is very pleasant.

The pre light reveals rich,full tobacco aromas,well aged, and a combination of earth and traces of brown sugar. There is a hint of spice that reminds me of cloves or mulling spice.There are flavors of deep tobacco sweetness that are full of the promise of good things to come,with hints of oak leaf and leather.

When lit,there are sudden bold flavors of leather,rich tobacco and oak,hints of caramel and a touch of black pepper along with a fruitiness I really enjoy.The flavors mingle in a broad richness that fills the palate and gives you a rush of flavor.The aromas have a big presence too, ginger along with firm,deep tobacco flavors,brown sugar notes,very compelling.

After the first inch,the pepper notes go away,the finish is slightly dry and lingering,and the earthiness builds.The flavors stay bold,the flavor profile gets a bit tighter towards the half way point,revealing a bit less complexity.The burn is excellent,the ash is very firm and must be rolled off,tapping will not knock it off.

Toward the end the flavors are still a bit contained but very enjoyable,the dryness lingers and the oak and earth are still present.The sweetness drops off and the spiciness is a bit less as well.

Even though I enjoyed this smoke,I think it is very likely that it will blossom into a teriffic smoke in a few months.The cigars I got were rolled in November of last year,and I think it is possible that they are in a transitional phase and are not showing their full potential right now.I have a few more that I plan to age and I look forward to trying them again in a few months. I have no doubt that they will improve and will reward me for my patience.

As I have found with all Alec Bradley blends,the construction and components are first class.Paradigm is going to be a brand to watch,I have no doubt that in a year the brand will be well known and respected.Clint is a terrific guy and he has done a great job choosing this blend,I am sure time will reward his efforts.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Paradigm 262 Torpedo

Tom, sorry I missed this. It got buried before I saw it. Well done review. Thank you for taking the time to do the review. Just so some of you guys know we have picked our mild blend called the Ideology which will release this summer. I will be sure that some samples get into a few hands here for reviews before they are released.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Damn, I really wanna try some of these!! Thanks for the review!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta pull the trigger on their 6 stick sampler!! Great review...thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

Great Review, the 262 is definitely a great new brand...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Just pulled the trigger on the 6 stick sampler.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
OHRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on the 6 stick sampler.
Way to go Mac! Gotta fill up that new vino, right?!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #8
OHRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Tom, sorry I missed this. It got buried before I saw it. Well done review. Thank you for taking the time to do the review. Just so some of you guys know we have picked our mild blend called the Ideology which will release this summer. I will be sure that some samples get into a few hands here for reviews before they are released.
By the way, I am SUPER STOKED about the Ideology! Is it using an Ecuadorian Connecticut? What's the makeup?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael View Post
Way to go Mac! Gotta fill up that new vino, right?!
Exactly Matt. And if I like 'em...then it's a box.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael View Post
By the way, I am SUPER STOKED about the Ideology! Is it using an Ecuadorian Connecticut? What's the makeup?
I do not have the details yet. The owners just met last week to discuss everything. What I do know is the artwork for the boxes and bands are done. They are tossing around size ideas right now. As soon as I have the blend info and sizes I will share it with you guys. I am not a fan of mild cigars but I am excited to try these.

What I am really excited about is the full coming out this winter. We want to have something to fit every cigar lover.

Thanks for the nice words and your support guys. I will be posting up event info in the appropriate thread to give you guys a heads up. There will be deals along with some merchandise.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote