Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default Ashton VSG Eclipse Tubos Cigar Review Video

This 6×52 dark chocolate stick comes wrapped in a cedar sleeve, inside a black aluminum tube for easy transport and storage. Offering a robust, slightly veiny irregular roll it presents slight tooth, a firm pack and beautiful chocolate tobacco aroma. Starting on the mild-medium body side of things, it opens with a oily, smooth tobacco and black pepper flavor without any of the spice and heat, adding a hint of a bitter chocolate in to the long pepper finish. Strength wise it’s definitely got a punch, medium-full by the first inch in. By the half way point flavors had changed to a creamy sweet chocolate and coffee, with a smooth pepper finish, getting richer as it burns down. By the end of the 2nd third flavors had dropped the pepper in exchange for more cream and butter, especially on the finish, leaving an oily creamy slick on the palate. The last third brought the coffee flavor to the forefront and the pepper back but at a milder point, with just a hint of the chocolate. Overall still rich, creamy, oily and slightly sweet, it finished long and smooth. Burn and draw were both excellent all the way down without issue. Total burn time to the last inch was 1:15 where it started getting hot. Video on the site.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
alpha8a
New To It All

First Name: Andrew N.
Trading: (11)
alpha8a is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ashton VSG Eclipse Tubos Cigar Review Video

Saw some of these today at my local BM. Kind of pricey for me so I didn't get to pick one up.
alpha8a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
darkninja67

Default Re: Ashton VSG Eclipse Tubos Cigar Review Video

Thanks for the review Bryan. I tried the Eclipse and felt it needed more rest. Had some bite to it.